Issues Acquiring Birth Records From Alcamo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
AlcamoBound
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 13 Jan 2017, 21:48

Issues Acquiring Birth Records From Alcamo

Post by AlcamoBound »

Hello!

I've traced my great grandparents back to a small town called Alcamo, in Sicily. Apparently I have a lot of family there and some with the same name as me! Talk about a blast from the past.

Ignazio Filippi BD 9-25-1900

Josephine Ferarra 01-08-1908

I've mailed a letter to the comuna in Alcamo - Piazza Ciullo, 91011 Alcamo TP, Italy.

I received no response. My letters were in Italian with proof of who I am, their names, birth dates with parents names.

Letters were mailed on February 14th.

I'm at the last stage of proving lineage for Italian Citizenship - the linchpin here is their birth records.

What can I do to search for this?

Thanks!
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Issues Acquiring Birth Records From Alcamo

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
AlcamoBound
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 13 Jan 2017, 21:48

Re: Issues Acquiring Birth Records From Alcamo

Post by AlcamoBound »

!!!

Now I have to scroll through six pages of sloppy writing :/

Thank you! Hopefully I can find them.
antonia553
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Mar 2017, 20:29

Re: Issues Acquiring Birth Records From Alcamo

Post by antonia553 »

there is often an index at the end of these record books (from link above)
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Post Reply