carlucci family

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
pecciolip
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Mar 2017, 22:49

carlucci family

Post by pecciolip »

I am looking for the possibility of a Carlucci family who may have lived in Calabria. The names, Orengio Carlucci, Michael, Joseph, Katherine, Louis and Louisa Carlucci. Do you have any information about any of them?
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: carlucci family

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website is this your Louis Carlucci
United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
Name Louis Carlucci
Event Type Draft Registration
Event Date 1942
Event Place Montclair, Essex, New Jersey, United States
Residence Place Montclair, Essex, New Jersey
Gender Male
Employer Louis/Carlucci
Birth Date 29 May 1885
Born in Algeria

PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1861144

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: carlucci family

Post by suanj »

IN Philippeville, Algeria,on 29 may 1885 I cannot find the Birth record of Louis Carlucci http://anom.archivesnationales.culture. ... stre=36927
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: carlucci family

Post by suanj »

the Birth date of Louis Carlucci is a bit different on WWI draft registration card:

Louis Carlucci

United States World War I Draft Registration Cards

Name Louis Carlucci
Event Type Draft Registration
Event Date 1917-1918
Event Place Essex County no 3, New Jersey, United States
Gender Male
Nationality United States
Birth Date 31 Dec 1887
Birthplace Phipeville, Algeria, Algeria

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1968530

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: carlucci family

Post by suanj »

interesting record:
Orengio Carlucci

United States Census, 1900

Name Orengio Carlucci
Event Type Census
Event Year 1900
Event Place District 3 Newark city Ward 15, Essex, New Jersey, United States
Gender Male
Age 47
Marital Status Married
Race White
Race (Original) W
Relationship to Head of Household Head
Relationship to Head of Household (Original) Head
Years Married 27
Birth Date Oct 1853
Birthplace Italy
Marriage Year (Estimated) 1873
Immigration Year 1890
Father's Birthplace Italy
Mother's Birthplace Italy


Household

Role

Sex

Age

Birthplace

Orengio Carlucci Head M 47 Italy
Grace Carlucci Wife F 54 Italy
Michael Carlucci Son M 26 Italy b. Sep 1874
Maria Carlucci Daughter-in-law F 21 New Jersey
Joseph Carlucci Son M 21 Italy b. Mar 1879
Annie Carlucci Daughter-in-law F 19 Italy
Grace Carlucci Granddaughter F 6 New Jersey
Louis Carlucci Son M 14 Italy b. Dec 1886
Katie Carlucci Daughter F 18 Italy
Louisa Carlucci Daughter F 12 Italy

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1325221
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: carlucci family

Post by suanj »

Joseph/Giuseppe Carlucci marriage:
Giuseppe Carlucci

mentioned in the record of Giuseppe Carlucci and Antonetta Pace

Name Giuseppe Carlucci
Event Type Marriage
Event Date 05 Apr 1899
Event Place Newark, Essex, New Jersey, United States
Gender Male
Marital Status Single
Spouse's Name Antonetta Pace
Spouse's Gender Female
Spouse's Age 18
Spouse's Marital Status Single
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated) 1881

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q29L-9CC3
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: carlucci family

Post by suanj »

Michael Carlucci

United States World War I Draft Registration Cards

Name Michael Carlucci
Event Type Draft Registration
Event Date 1917-1918
Event Place Newark City no 1, New Jersey, United States
Gender Male
Nationality United States
Birth Date 21 Sep 1874
Birthplace , , Italy
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1968530
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
pecciolip
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Mar 2017, 22:49

Re: carlucci family

Post by pecciolip »

Suanj,

Thanks so much for the information. I went to the links you provided, but this one: http://anom.archivesnationales.culture. ... stre=36927 said it was not available.

If you have any other sites I can try, I'd really appreciate it. I am trying to locate where my grandfather Louis's family lived in Italy. They were in Philippeville when my grandfather Louis was born. His father was working for the government building viaducts there. They came from Italy, somewhere in the south, I'm pretty sure. We have no information about where and I'm trying to find that out. Also my grandmother, Louis's wife was born in Palermo, her maiden name Giunta and I would like to find out more about where specifically and also when she came to the U.S.
Her name was Victoria Giunta Carlucci. She had a sister Teresa and some brothers. I'm not sure how many.
Thanks,
Penny
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: carlucci family

Post by suanj »

Hi,
I am sorry, but the link worked and now anymore, so maybe is in maintenance... I cannot find the arrival of this family, however I have some perplexity, Grace was of Sicily and Orazio from Calabria? a bit strange... maybe both from Sicily....
however I cannot find the arrival of this family.... also of italian children.. no one....
Hoping better luck next days,
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: carlucci family

Post by Biff83 »

Possible 1891 manifest? Departure port: Bordeaux France. See last two lines on this page. Orazio Carlucci(o) and wife Grazia.
Attachments
NYM237_563-0197.jpg
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: carlucci family

Post by Biff83 »

Followed by next manifest page beginning with children, Michele, Giuseppe, Carolina, Luisa, Rocco?. Looks like someone wrote in their surname as Orazio which is likely the father's name. I'm not able to make out what might be Grazia's surname next to her name nor the name crossed out next to the children's names although in the case of the children it might be the designation fil. to denote son/daughter. No child Luigi though.
Attachments
NYM237_563-0198.jpg
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: carlucci family

Post by Biff83 »

pecciolip wrote: 11 Jun 2017, 17:34
Her name was Victoria Giunta Carlucci. She had a sister Teresa and some brothers. I'm not sure how many.
Thanks,
Penny
1903 manifest for M(aria) Vittoria Giunta, 16, travelling with sister Teresa,19, and brother Rosario, 30, to join brother Giovanni at 56 Amity Street in Brooklyn. Lines 8 through 10. Last residence Palermo.
Attachments
NYT715_388-0227.jpg
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: carlucci family

Post by suanj »

Hi Biff, thank to search!
the arrival of 1891 is the right arrival.. on the children surname, it is wrote Orazio, crossed fil or fille(=son and daughter in french Language) but Orazio was the first name of father.. so the first name was inverted with the surname.. that because Carlucci(o) is also a nickname, a diminutive(=little Carl) and who filled the ship's manifest inverted the first name with the surname... however I believe that you found the right family.. lacking Luigi... However I am convinced that the couple coming from Sicily, both, husband and wife and children....

The second arrival abt the Vittoria Giunta, cannot be, because Grazia or Victoria Grazia, was more older of this person on the ship's manifest.....

I am pretty sure the first is the right arrival of family..
Best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: carlucci family

Post by suanj »

Hi, the website work newly and I made a deep search and I found the Birth record of your Louis in Philippeville and just the surname was mispelled: CALLUCCIO, instead of CARLUCCIO (no Carlucci!).
He was born on 31 Dec 1885 no 1887.
The his mother maiden name was Colatrella no Giunta!
The info that you had was wrong.
Here the Birth record of Louis:
http://anom.archivesnationales.culture. ... te=1359231

however I saved the picture for you:
https://s17.postimg.org/ajqensa2n/louis_carluccio.jpg


hoping work the link, here in Italy work very well.. the parents was married in CAPOSELE, Avellino province, Campania region, IT..
so no Sicily, no Calabria, but Campania region!
Hoping helpful,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: carlucci family

Post by suanj »

Caposele 20 Dec 1872 #30
Groom: Orazio CARLUCCIO 29 old, son of Michele Carluccio, farmer and Nicoletta Mattia domiciled in the commune of Calabritto (Avellino province)
Bride. Grazia Maria COLATRELLA 25 old, daughter of Rocco Colatrella, farmer, and of late Rosa Alfieri, domiciled in Caposele (Avellino province)

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043434
hoping helpful,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply