Hello!
This forum has been blast! Several people have shown me things, no one in my family have been able to!
I've got all my documents in place now and I'm ready to go through the process to reclaim my citizenship.
However, now I have a problem.
My great grandfather Ignazio Filippi, was born on Sep 25th 1900 according to his naturalization and death records. His birth from Alcamo, Sicily, shows he was born on Sep 27th, 1900.
How do I navigate this? Has anyone had a similar challenge?
Great GrandFathers Birthdate is wrong by 2 days
-
AlcamoBound
- Newbie

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 13 Jan 2017, 21:48
Re: Great GrandFathers Birthdate is wrong by 2 days
It shouldn't be a major problem. The date on his birth certificate is actually just the date his birth was registered, and the consulates are aware that during that period often a few days passed before the midwife took care of the registration process.
This should be ok, but to minimize the chance of any potential problem, you may want to request that the comune send you a note confirming that no records exist of an Ignazio Filippi being born on the 25th.
This should be ok, but to minimize the chance of any potential problem, you may want to request that the comune send you a note confirming that no records exist of an Ignazio Filippi being born on the 25th.
