Italian Towns listed on Naturalization Papers

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
EMTLP
Elite
Elite
Posts: 414
Joined: 15 Sep 2011, 02:22

Italian Towns listed on Naturalization Papers

Post by EMTLP »

Hello, Can someone decipher the names of the towns where Angelina and Stephano Freni were born and where they are located. I tried to find them on google maps without any luck. Thank you.

https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/61 ... dit/record
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Italian Towns listed on Naturalization Papers

Post by PippoM »

I'm sorry, but I can't see it without a subscription.
It would be better to download the images and attach them to your post
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Italian Towns listed on Naturalization Papers

Post by suanj »

If the wife of Stefano Freni was Angela Grasso:


Stefano Freni

mentioned in the record of Stefano Freni and Angela Grasso

Name Stefano Freni
Event Type Marriage
Event Date 12 Sep 1913
Event Place Boston, , Massachusetts, United States
Registration Place Boston, , Massachusetts
Gender Male
Age 38
Birth Date 1875
Birth Year (Estimated) 1875
Birthplace , , Italy
Father's Name Francesco Freni
Mother's Name Maria Devi
Spouse's Name Angela Grasso
Spouse's Gender Female
Spouse's Age 32
Spouse's Birth Date 1881
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated) 1881
Spouse's Birthplace , , Italy
Spouse's Father's Name Angelo Grasso
Spouse's Mother's Name Maria Grasso
Page 233
Number of Images 1

https://familysearch.org/search/record/ ... me%3Afreni~


I read that the last residence on 1913 trip the birthplace and last residence was Villa San Giovanni, Reggio Calabria, Calabria, IT...
Stefano Freni

New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island)

Given Name Stefano
Surname Freni
Last Place of Residence Villa St. Giovanini, Italy
Event Date 23 Mar 1913
Age 38y
Nationality Italy, Italian
Departure Port Havre
Arrival Port New York
Gender Male
Marital Status M
Ship Name Niagara

http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7
Angela Grasso was his wife, but I don't know why married also in USA....


But I believe he, maybe, coming from Sicily, IT.. Maybe Messina area... so if you follow the Pippo advice, we can read the town name and to help you better,
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Italian Towns listed on Naturalization Papers

Post by suanj »

If this is the naturalization:

Stefano Freni

Connecticut, Documenti federali di naturalizzazione, 1790-1996

Nome:
Stefano Freni

Tipo di documento:
Petition

Data di nascita:
22 Feb 1875

Luogo di nascita:
Guidemondri,Italy

Data di arrivo:
23 Mar 1913

Luogo di arrivo:
New York,N.Y.

Coniuge:
Angela
( sorry the Language is in italian), well the Birth town is GUIDOMANDRI, Messina, Sicily, IT
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Jen5525
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 196
Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 02:38

Re: Italian Towns listed on Naturalization Papers

Post by Jen5525 »

So if you page backwards from the document that you posted on ancestry, another version of the naturalization papers are there (image 325). The town of birth for Angela says Acci Rialli. But spelling errors were VERY common. They wrote it phonetically. I did a google search and Acciaroli came up as an option.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/84068 ... 8gEIhwEwDw
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Italian Towns listed on Naturalization Papers

Post by suanj »

Maybe Acireale??
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
EMTLP
Elite
Elite
Posts: 414
Joined: 15 Sep 2011, 02:22

Re: Italian Towns listed on Naturalization Papers

Post by EMTLP »

I've attached the Naturalization record for Stefano Freni. Thank you.
Attachments
Stefano Freni Naturalization Papers.jpg
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Italian Towns listed on Naturalization Papers

Post by suanj »

Thanks, I confirm Stefano was born Guidomandri; Angelina in Acireale, and the children born in Italy, the birthplace was Messina... but I don't know if in Messina town or in some municipality of Messina province....
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply