Hello,
I have a basic question about life in Palermo around 1900. That is, where did the people living in the heart of the city go to church. The thought came to me as I attempted to check the parish records of Palermo for ancestry purposes only to find that there are hardly any records at all for the only listed parish "Santa Maria La Reale". That led me to question if that parish's records have been lost or that the actual residents of Palermo attended another parish? If anyone out there has had any luck with downtown Palermo church records, I would greatly appreciate some advice.
Thank you
19th Century Palermo Parishes
Re: 19th Century Palermo Parishes
Heres some info for you the parish records of the sections of the city of Palermo
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
Marty
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
corrigandj
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 22:34
Re: 19th Century Palermo Parishes
Thank you Marty, I believe these records are unavailable on line. Is my interpretation correct?
Re: 19th Century Palermo Parishes
No they are online just scroll down on that link I gave you and click on the camera icon
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
- Marcello_DAleo
- Master

- Posts: 667
- Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 16:04
- Location: Bagheria, Palermo, Sicily
- Contact:
Re: 19th Century Palermo Parishes
Not all the church archives in Palermo were microfilmed. Those microfilmed are only a small part.