Do I qualify?? Where do I start?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
carnationcrab
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 05 Aug 2017, 03:26

Do I qualify?? Where do I start?

Post by carnationcrab »

Hi everyone!

I am an adopted female with my adoptive parents on my birth certificate. My adoptive father's family is Italian. My father's grandfather (My great grandfather) was born in Italy and arrived in 1922. He filed a petition for citizenship in 1924. I have not been able to find the final copy of the naturalization, but I have found two censuses (censi?) from 1930 and 1940. The 1930 one lists him as PA and shows my grandfather being 4 years old. The 1940 census lists GGF as NA. Mind you, all this was just things I found on Ancestry.com.

Do I qualify?

Where do I even begin with this process??
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Do I qualify?? Where do I start?

Post by mler »

Children who were adopted as minors obtained the Italian citizen of their adoptive parents. You will need to provide the adoption decree (translated and apostilled) along with the other standard jure sanguinis documents required by your consulate. The consulate website will list specifics.
Post Reply