UK naturalisation

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
dmchugh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Aug 2017, 16:54

UK naturalisation

Post by dmchugh »

Was Naturalisation necessary for Italians living in the U.K? Trying to trace information for a friend. Her ancestor, born 1833 in Italy, was married in Scotland in 1863 - hoping to identify area/town in Italy that he came from but nothing on any records seen so far. Name is Rossi, unfortunately!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: UK naturalisation

Post by suanj »

Hi, I remember of a search abt a the Rossi's family in UK The ancestor was born in Picinisco, then moved in San Biagio Saracinisco... ( these two towns are very close) maybe also the ancestor of your friend coming from same area...
just a my thought...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply