I had my appointment today with Laura at the Philadelphia consulate and it unfortunately did not go as I was hoping. Any advice & help here would be GREATLY appreciated.
My line is GGF>GF>F>me
Due to name & date discrepancies, Laura said she can not process the application without additional info. She felt that the discrepancies could be a significant problem.
- My GGF's was born in Italy as Giuseppe Marra on April 24 1880.
- His naturalizaton paperwork names him as Joe Marra born on April 4 1880.
- His death certificate names him as Joseph Marro born on April 4 1883.
I have a letter from the Italian commune he was born in that states the DOB on the death cert is incorrect.
My thoughts here is to get a court order stating that it is the same person and have the death certificate amended to reflect the correct DOB. Also, I would provide USCIS letters of "no record" for every possible name spelling & dates of birth. Does that sound like a possible solution? I'm certinly open to other ideas.
There is also the issue that my GGM's first was Teresa but is listed as Mary T. on her death certificate. However, the maternal side shouldn't really matter in this case, correct?
Those are the main issues. All other paperwork in the line was accepted and she took my applications & cashiers check but she didn't have much advice on what would satisfy the discrepancies. She said to come back when I had more documents proving the line.
I'm trying to process all of this info as it has been a physically & mentally exhausting day. I really hope there this is not the end of the road for me. I feel like there has to be something. Thank you all.
August 24 JS meeting recap - HELP NEEDED!
-
josephmarro
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 25 Aug 2017, 02:09
Re: August 24 JS meeting recap - HELP NEEDED!
I think you can solve it with an affidavit "one and the same" explaining that all those names on certificates match and are of one and same person, that is, your ancestor...
abt the birthdate discrepancy you can make an amendment
abt your ggm, I believe no big problem...
just my thought,
regards,
suanj
abt the birthdate discrepancy you can make an amendment
abt your ggm, I believe no big problem...
just my thought,
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
