Cemetery in Carolei

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
langore
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 14:04

Cemetery in Carolei

Post by langore »

We visited Carolei this in June of 2017 and went to the local cemetery. My grandmother's side of the family was from Carolei and surrounding areas. (Surnames: Bastone, Principe, Ragusa, and Nardie). While walking through the cemetery, I was looking at the birth dates of people, and noticed the earliest date was about 1870.

I could not find any earlier graves. I was expecting to find graves from the 1700s and early 1800s.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Cemetery in Carolei

Post by PippoM »

Most graves are not property of families. After 99 years they have to be given back to the Town.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply