Hello Community,
I have had much difficulty tracking Immigration/manifest information for my Paternal Great-Grandfather WILHELM HEINRICH KLAUS, born on 9 MAR 1866 • Evangelisch, Roedinghausen, Westfalen, Prussia and Baptism Date 18 MAR 1866, Evangelisch, Roedinghausen, Westfalen, Prussia. His parents are HERMANN HEINRICH KLAUS and ANNE MARIE STIEGELMEIER.
The only information I have is WILHELM HEINRICH KLAUS, immigrated to the US around 1886, I have attached the link for the 1900 United States Census. In the 1900 US Census, he was married to my Great-Grandmother Anna Maria Kalthof aka Mary.
I have been searching for over ten years trying to find the actual manifest and have been unable to find it. Perhaps someone at Italian genealogy can direct me as to how I can search on a passenger list.
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/76 ... 6795/facts
Thank you for any help in this matter. Very much appreciated.
Janet
Wilhelm Heinrich Klaus (Prussia) Manifest/Immigration to USA
Re: Wilhelm Heinrich Klaus (Prussia) Manifest/Immigration to USA
Early manifests (those prior to 1892) hold very little information.
Usually it lists only name, age, gender, occupation, country of origin and destination country.
Here is a POSSIBLE manifest for your GGF -
Arrival 1881 -
Wilhelm Klaus is on line #280
He is age 15, a farmer from Germany
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/74 ... PUBJs=true
The vessel appears to be the General Werder, sailing from Bremen on 5 July 1881
Name: Wilhelm Klaus
Arrival Date: 5 Jul 1881
Birth Date: abt 1866
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Ethnicity/ Nationality: German
Place of Origin: Germany
Port of Departure: Bremen, Germany
Destination: United States of America
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: General Werder
T.
Usually it lists only name, age, gender, occupation, country of origin and destination country.
Here is a POSSIBLE manifest for your GGF -
Arrival 1881 -
Wilhelm Klaus is on line #280
He is age 15, a farmer from Germany
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/74 ... PUBJs=true
The vessel appears to be the General Werder, sailing from Bremen on 5 July 1881
Name: Wilhelm Klaus
Arrival Date: 5 Jul 1881
Birth Date: abt 1866
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Ethnicity/ Nationality: German
Place of Origin: Germany
Port of Departure: Bremen, Germany
Destination: United States of America
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: General Werder
T.
Re: Wilhelm Heinrich Klaus (Prussia) Manifest/Immigration to USA
Thank you for your help. I very much appreciate your time.
Janet
Janet

