Hi all,
My ancestors were from the Bisuschio/Pogliana, Varese, Lombardy Region. They appear to disappear in the early 1860's. My GGF claims to have been born in Bisuschio, but we can't locate his baptism record (ground search). I believe he was born in and around 1862-1863. They were stonecutters, and as such, I have had suggestions that perhaps they relocated to Canton Ticeno for work, as thousands did. Much to my dismay, when I started researching there, there are of course, many communities/districts ! Apparently all of the districts had quarries. I have spent a good amount of time trying to find out information about the records there. And I could really use your help at this point!
My first area of help needed is, my GGF has a very common surname, and I have no idea where in Ticeno they might have gone. His birth would have predated civil records, so I would be looking for his baptism record. Would these baptism records still only be archived at the individual parishes? Or have they been collected and archived by the state? Would they be online?
My second area of questioning, is that his parents death records were not recorded in Varese either. So, if my GGF's parents death records were in Ticeno (again, no knowledge of the community), and their deaths were after 1870, would they be online?
My GGF's name was Ambrogio Bianchi. His parents names were Agostino Bianchi (born 1826) & Maria Bianchi (born 1836). Married in 1860 in Bisuschio/Pogliana.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
Debbie
