Great Grandfather Naturalization Jure Sanguinis - Help!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
bjerome21
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 30 Mar 2018, 20:04

Great Grandfather Naturalization Jure Sanguinis - Help!

Post by bjerome21 »

Hi all-

So glad I found this site to chat with you wonderful people. I'm in the process of determining whether my father and I qualify for Jure Sanguinis through my great grandfather, born in Ferrazzano in 1902 and immigrated in 1907. Until today I had been unable to even find a match for anyone remotely similar to him in all naturalization searches and now I have two possible candidates HOWEVER one document has an incorrect birth date, off by about 5 years, and the other doesn't have a birth date at all. Both documents are from a different area of New York than I ever have record of him living in.

Would either of these documents cause a problem for me if I try to request a "document not found" to continue the process of citizenship? Would it have been likely that he would have gotten his birth date that incorrect on his declaration?

Thanks for any help!!!
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Great Grandfather Naturalization Jure Sanguinis - Help!

Post by Tessa78 »

Have you tried the Reference Request at NARA?

https://eservices.archives.gov/orderonl ... chives.gov

And at USCIS?

https://www.uscis.gov/g-1041

T.
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Great Grandfather Naturalization Jure Sanguinis - Help!

Post by mler »

Also, until you see the actual records, you will be unable to determine if this is indeed your ancestor or simply a relative or stranger with the same name. The parents' names on the documents will help you make this determination, and if there is a petition, the children's and wife's names will also appear.
Post Reply