For the past few weeks, I have spent countless hours searching for the identity of my great, great grandfather Leonardo Palma and his wife Maria Vincenza Eccellente. I estimate his year of birth is 1843 based on his stated age on the birth certificates of two of his sons which I found by Searching Historical Records. My great grandfather Michele Palma was born in Torremaggiore on 10 Oct 1884 (I have my citizenship through him, and this is certified by the Comune di Torremaggiore). I have found others with his name born in 1840 and 1847 using the Search feature but I don't think they are correct.
I have gone through numerous archives on the website below but need to find out how they are structured. Can anyone give me advice on how to search the catalog when it isn't really indexed? (Also, I understand and speak Italian so that's not an issue.)
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
Any help would be immensely appreciated.
David Palma
Leonardo Palma
Leonardo Palma
Surnames: Palma, Rubbo, Tosetto, Stigliano
Re: Leonardo Palma
I think Leonardo Palma and Maria Vincenza Eccellente were married in Torremaggiore or Campobasso but do not know what year. I have found a lot more information on their children, birth/death, naturalization records, and can provide it if it might help.
Surnames: Palma, Rubbo, Tosetto, Stigliano
Re: Leonardo Palma
Marriage in Torremaggiore in 1866 of Leonardo Palma and Maria Vincenza Eccellente
#11
Dated 22 March 1866
Leonardo was age 24, pack saddle-maker, the son of Domenico Palma and Agata Buoncristiano
Maria Vincenza was age 21, daughter of deceased Michele Eccellente and of Rosa Aquilano
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043436
***
Here is the link to the Allegati of Marriage folder
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043436
Extract of birth for Leonardo (from the allegati to marriage)
#7 - dated 9 January 1843 in Torremaggiore
Father: Domenico Palma, son of Vincenzo, age 22, pack saddle-maker, born in Torremaggiore
Mother: Agata Buoncristiano, age 22, his wife
Birth on 8 January at 8 AM at home.
Child given the name Leonardo
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043436
Extract of birth of Maria Vincenza Eccellente in Torremaggiore in 1845
#59 - dated 19 March 1845
Father: Michele Eccellente, son of deceased Donato, age 27, shepherd
Mother: Rosa Aquilano, farmer, 24, his wife
Birth on 18 March 1845 at 8 PM.
Child was given the name Maria Vincenza https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043436
Extract of death of Michele Eccellente in September 1845
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043436
Pubblication of Banns
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043436
T.
#11
Dated 22 March 1866
Leonardo was age 24, pack saddle-maker, the son of Domenico Palma and Agata Buoncristiano
Maria Vincenza was age 21, daughter of deceased Michele Eccellente and of Rosa Aquilano
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043436
***
Here is the link to the Allegati of Marriage folder
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043436
Extract of birth for Leonardo (from the allegati to marriage)
#7 - dated 9 January 1843 in Torremaggiore
Father: Domenico Palma, son of Vincenzo, age 22, pack saddle-maker, born in Torremaggiore
Mother: Agata Buoncristiano, age 22, his wife
Birth on 8 January at 8 AM at home.
Child given the name Leonardo
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043436
Extract of birth of Maria Vincenza Eccellente in Torremaggiore in 1845
#59 - dated 19 March 1845
Father: Michele Eccellente, son of deceased Donato, age 27, shepherd
Mother: Rosa Aquilano, farmer, 24, his wife
Birth on 18 March 1845 at 8 PM.
Child was given the name Maria Vincenza https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043436
Extract of death of Michele Eccellente in September 1845
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043436
Pubblication of Banns
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043436
T.
Re: Leonardo Palma
Thanks so much!!
Is there a tutorial on how to do this? Or is there an index of these records somewhere?
David
Is there a tutorial on how to do this? Or is there an index of these records somewhere?
David
Surnames: Palma, Rubbo, Tosetto, Stigliano
Re: Leonardo Palma
Neither....
This film/digital images has the 10-year indices for Foggia.
Indici decennali 1866-1905
Family History Library
International Film
1803185
Item 2
5793921
The indices for towns are somewhat arranged in alpha order - So I looked for the index for marriages for Torremaggiore. Located the reference and then looked for the year, etc. After locating the marriage act I just looked for the allegati for the year of the marriage. These are generally in random order within years... went page by page through the cover sheets until I found it.
Records before 1866 (this would include the birth of Domenico Palma about 1821) are only available to view when at a Family History Center or an affiliated library.
T.
This film/digital images has the 10-year indices for Foggia.
Indici decennali 1866-1905
Family History Library
International Film
1803185
Item 2
5793921
The indices for towns are somewhat arranged in alpha order - So I looked for the index for marriages for Torremaggiore. Located the reference and then looked for the year, etc. After locating the marriage act I just looked for the allegati for the year of the marriage. These are generally in random order within years... went page by page through the cover sheets until I found it.
Records before 1866 (this would include the birth of Domenico Palma about 1821) are only available to view when at a Family History Center or an affiliated library.
T.
Re: Leonardo Palma
Dear Tessa78,
I'm the brother of dpalma4, conducting further research on our family genealogy for a book I'm writing. I see you have access to the birth and marriage records of Leonardo Palma and Maria Eccellente. Do you have any information on their death dates? Even an approximate date would be okay.
Thank you,
Paul Palma
I'm the brother of dpalma4, conducting further research on our family genealogy for a book I'm writing. I see you have access to the birth and marriage records of Leonardo Palma and Maria Eccellente. Do you have any information on their death dates? Even an approximate date would be okay.
Thank you,
Paul Palma

