Vincenzo Stella - margin notation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
Jen5525
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 196
Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 02:38

Vincenzo Stella - margin notation

Post by Jen5525 »

this is grandson of the Vincenzo posted earlier. Can you make out spouse's name in the margin.

Marriage date 29 Jan 1927?

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

Thanks in advance!
Jen
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Vincenzo Stella - margin notation

Post by erudita74 »

I agree with the date you have. As to the name of the spouse, Alleati Fonte Maria. So I believe it's Maria Fonte Alleati. Not sure though if "Fonte Alleati" is a double surname, as I see someone in the current Italian white pages for the town named Lorusso Fonte Maria. So Fonte may just be a middle name. I also see someone from the town on Ellis Island whose surname was Fonte.

Erudita
Jen5525
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 196
Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 02:38

Re: Vincenzo Stella - margin notation

Post by Jen5525 »

Thanks Erudita! So helpful!!

I have come across some with Fonte as the first or middle name in my tree. Though have seen Fonte as a surname as well. so interesting how the names evolve! :)
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Vincenzo Stella - margin notation

Post by erudita74 »

Happy to help again, Jen
Erudita
Post Reply