Hello,
I am applying for italian citizenship jure sanguinis, through my grandmother. I have all the documentation, birth certificates, etc.
One question I have is my mother had a divorce prior to her current marriage (she divorced her first husband, and currently is married to my father.) Would official documentation on that divorce be required in addition to the current marriage record?
I have the current marriage certificate (it is PA, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County). I am going to send it along with the birth certificates to the state for the apostille. Just want to ensure I don't need any additional documents because I want to send them all in one go.
Thanks!
Jure Sanguinis - Mother's divorce?
Re: Jure Sanguinis - Mother's divorce?
Since you are the child of the second marriage, you will definitely need first marriage and divorce documents.
Re: Jure Sanguinis - Mother's divorce?
Thank you for the reply.
I got the my parent's marriage certificate with the raised seal, which included including the marriage license and the divorce decree (as you need to be divorced before you can apply to remarry). Would this be sufficient as the divorce decree? It's a packet of all the documents supporting the marriage with a signed, raised seal form attached to it. I know there is mention of getting a confirmation that it wasn't appealed (certificate of non-appeal, which I will have to figure out)- but clearly it wasn't appealed because she was allowed to remarry.
Either way I will get the first marriage license and certificate as well.
Thank you for your help!
I got the my parent's marriage certificate with the raised seal, which included including the marriage license and the divorce decree (as you need to be divorced before you can apply to remarry). Would this be sufficient as the divorce decree? It's a packet of all the documents supporting the marriage with a signed, raised seal form attached to it. I know there is mention of getting a confirmation that it wasn't appealed (certificate of non-appeal, which I will have to figure out)- but clearly it wasn't appealed because she was allowed to remarry.
Either way I will get the first marriage license and certificate as well.
Thank you for your help!

