Another translation request

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
terrimusto
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 51
Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 21:14

Another translation request

Post by terrimusto »

Hoping that I'm not duplicating a post I may or may not have made 5 minutes ago - - -

May I please have a translation of this birth record for Maria Letizia Romano

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

I am interested in the witnesses as well as her parents’ names.

Thank you.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Another translation request

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Birth No 97: Maria Letizia Romano

Montecorvino Pugliano: 16 May 1887
Anna Manzo, 65 yo, Levatrice (midwife), living this town, reported that at 12.15 on 14 of the current month, in the house in Faiano, from Maria Postiglione, donna di casa (housewife), wife of Domenico Romano, falegname (carpenter/joiner), both living in Montecorvino Pugliano, was born a baby girl, who she presented, and gave the name Maria Letizia.

Witnesses to the declaration:
Giovanni Giannattsio, 55 yo, falegname, and Gennaro Granazio, 45 yo, bracciante (farmhand/day laborer), both residing this town.

The declarant reported the above birth in the absence of Postiglione's husband, who was away from the town.

Faiano: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faiano

Angela
User avatar
terrimusto
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 51
Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 21:14

Re: Another translation request

Post by terrimusto »

Very interesting. And I thank you once again for all your help.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Another translation request

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You are very welcome, T.

Angela
Post Reply