Hello everyone,
I really need your help please. I am quite confused and after researching this issue for many months, and I am so glad I stumbled onto this web site because I have not been able to find the answer on my own. I am helping my boyfriend to start his italian citizenship and here are the basic details that are causing my state of confusion.
GGF was born in Italy and emigrated to Peru in 1901. He never nationalized.
GF was born in Peru in 1905, never nationalized and was issued an italian birth certificate post-mortem when his children applied and all received their Italian citizenship in 1992. I have the original and the PER emailed version from Italy.
My boyfriend's father, also born in Peru, was the only one of the children who didn't apply as he moved to Argentina and is now deceased. He also never nationalized here in Argentina.
Question:
1.Can the application be made vis-a-vis the GF and all of his documents? And despite the fact that my boyfriend's father never got his Italian citizenship?
2. Or, do I have to go back to the GGF and get his documents from Italy as well?
Any and all help is so very appreciated and welcome! Thank you very much!!
