Hi all,
This is my first post and I am sure this question has been asked and answer before but I'm not sure how it all applies to me. My mother was born in Italy in 1920. My father was also born in Italy, but was illegitmate so the only record I've found about him was that he was found.
I believe he became a citizen around 1930. He returned to Italy after WWII, married my mother, and brought her back to the US in 1948. She became a citizen in 1953 and as such, had to renounce her Italian citizenship to become a US citizen. I was born in 1956. Can I get Italian citizenship?
Thanks
Joe
Can I Get My Italian Citizenship
Re: Can I Get My Italian Citizenship
I believe no. They don't was anymore italian citizens when you was born.
Best regards,
suanj
Best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Can I Get My Italian Citizenship
You can naturalize in Italy after residing there for three years.
Re: Can I Get My Italian Citizenship
if you can bear the actual stay costs and stay away from the work and the family for three years… you can get the italian citizenship in Italy!
Who asks this question, normally intends to obtain it being in the USA and present it to the Italian Consulate in the USA.
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Can I Get My Italian Citizenship
That’s very true.
It only works if you have independent wealth or regular income (like pensions). If he was born in 1956, JoeInDallas is 63 and close to retirement with pension and/or social security income. That makes it quite doable.
It only works if you have independent wealth or regular income (like pensions). If he was born in 1956, JoeInDallas is 63 and close to retirement with pension and/or social security income. That makes it quite doable.
Re: Can I Get My Italian Citizenship
yes, it is true, it is feasible ... if one wants to invest in Italian citizenship. And dealing with the very high cost of living in Italy.
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH


