First Name Discrepancy on B.C.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
mfemia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 15 Nov 2016, 19:18

First Name Discrepancy on B.C.

Post by mfemia »

OK - I am submitting jure sanguinis through Father-Grandfather
ON my father's (Louis) BC, his father's first name is incorrect - listed as Joseph instead of Sam (or Saverio).
I have multiple other documents supporting that the father of Louis is Saverio or Sam. That BC is the only place where Joseph appears (it's so weird). Both are deceased.

SO - what is my next move? Do I use an affadavit or court order to amend father's BC?
Do I get a "one and the same" or "also known as" submitted to pre-date father's BC?
This all is being done in West Virginia, by the way.

I have been told to get a declaratory judgement to correct the WV BC for my father, also adding an "also known as" for Saverio to list as Sam and also as Joseph.

Does anyone have advice, or warnings, or different steps I should take? This is the last piece before getting everything apostilled and translated.

Thanks!
Post Reply