My grandfather Magno Campone came to Scotland with his parents and later married Carolina Palombo from Picanisco there is a fair chance the Campone's came from Picanisco also but I do not know definately. Can anyone help me
Where was my grandfathers family from
Where was my grandfathers family from
Hello, I have lots of information about my grandfather Magno Campone, g grandfather Celeste Campone and my gg grandfather Angelo Campone, all thanks to marisa6 but I am still not sure where abouts they were born in Italy and where they grew up.
My grandfather Magno Campone came to Scotland with his parents and later married Carolina Palombo from Picanisco there is a fair chance the Campone's came from Picanisco also but I do not know definately. Can anyone help me
My grandfather Magno Campone came to Scotland with his parents and later married Carolina Palombo from Picanisco there is a fair chance the Campone's came from Picanisco also but I do not know definately. Can anyone help me
Campone, Palombo, Fortuna, Colamatteo
- GeoFan49
- Newbie

- Posts: 21
- Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 00:00
- Location: Silicon Valley, SF Bay Area, California, USA
- Contact:
Re: Where was my grandfathers family from
Two of your names are not very common in Italy today. You may find these maps interesting:
http://www.gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/gen ... me=Campone
and
http://www.gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/gen ... Colamatteo
notice the areas of overlaps between the two names.
http://www.gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/gen ... me=Campone
and
http://www.gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/gen ... Colamatteo
notice the areas of overlaps between the two names.
Fanucci, Bertolani, Bertolucci
http://www.fanucci.us/genealogy.html
N. California and Tuscany, Italy (Toscana, Italia)
http://www.fanucci.us/genealogy.html
N. California and Tuscany, Italy (Toscana, Italia)