Parents were never married - Jus Sanguinis

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
anacanada
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Jan 2020, 22:21

Parents were never married - Jus Sanguinis

Post by anacanada »

Hello,

I would like to apply for Italian Citizenship through ancestry. I am Canadian but will most likely be applying for this directly in Italy. However, I have read that I must have all marriage certificates for my ancestors. The issue is that my parents were never married to each other. My Canadian birth certificate states this, and has all details of both of my parents on it. I have all other marriage certificates from my other ancestors (applying through my Italian-born Great-great grandfather). Does anyone know if this can still be accepted?
Post Reply