Greetings, I'm new to this forum, thank you for having me.
I'm doing my best to try and learn all this myself, I am familiar with more modern searches through ancestry etc. The early 1800's is a new endeavor for me.
I'm trying to find documented information on a Pasquale Capuozzo, who was alleged to have died in 1824. I found an article from the Giornale di Palermo in 1821 mentioning a Pasquale Capuozzo who was 30 (approximately 1771). This was all in the city of Napoli, specifically the Vicaria district. There was also a Pasquale Capuozzo in the 1860's but I have no other information beyond that.
I'm trying to sort all this out, is there any advice or suggestions on where I start? I'm looking t acquire specific DOB, DOD, parents' names.
Other names I'm searching for include Michele Aitollo (b?, d. 1839 in his 50's) and Aniello Ausiello (b. 1811), both of Napoli, which may be slightly easier as they are 20-30 years forward but I'll get to that.
Thank you and kindest regards.
Slightly stuck on 'Capuozzo'
Re: Slightly stuck on 'Capuozzo'
I checked the death indices for Vacaria district in Naples for years 1822 - 1826, and did not find Pasquale Capuozzo.
There was a Pietro Capuozzo, age 29, who died in Vacaria in 1822.
One of the declarants of his death was his brother Crescenzo Capuozzo. Both of them were gardeners.
Pietro's parents were the deceased Andrea Capuozzo and the living Maria Maddalena Candida.
Here is the record. You may wish to keep this in case there is a family connection.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
T.
There was a Pietro Capuozzo, age 29, who died in Vacaria in 1822.
One of the declarants of his death was his brother Crescenzo Capuozzo. Both of them were gardeners.
Pietro's parents were the deceased Andrea Capuozzo and the living Maria Maddalena Candida.
Here is the record. You may wish to keep this in case there is a family connection.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
T.
-
Theprofessor
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 19 Jan 2020, 21:01
Re: Slightly stuck on 'Capuozzo'
Thank you! I was coming to the conclusion that this individual's info was muddled. Pasquale Capuozzi existed but not in 1820 and I have yet to confirm when he died but it would have been after 1850. I'd like to use what you discovered in my project, may I credit you for helping me?
-
Theprofessor
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 19 Jan 2020, 21:01
Re: Slightly stuck on 'Capuozzo'
In 1860 I found an external record listing a
Pasquale Capuozzo, Cantiniere, 30, Arena Sanità N. 12
meaning the correct one was likely born 1830ish.
There was a Pasquale Capozzi born 1790ish but I don't know what became of him. He was alive still by 1821.
Pasquale Capuozzo, Cantiniere, 30, Arena Sanità N. 12
meaning the correct one was likely born 1830ish.
There was a Pasquale Capozzi born 1790ish but I don't know what became of him. He was alive still by 1821.
Re: Slightly stuck on 'Capuozzo'
I checked the index for 1830 and did not find a Pasquale Capuozzo.
You may want to check the indices for the years before and after 1830 until I can get back to it.
Here is the link to the Birth Indices by year. They are in alpha order.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ti+indice/
T.
You may want to check the indices for the years before and after 1830 until I can get back to it.
Here is the link to the Birth Indices by year. They are in alpha order.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ti+indice/
T.
-
Theprofessor
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 19 Jan 2020, 21:01
Re: Slightly stuck on 'Capuozzo'
I checked 1829 and 1831. I'll look up more years. I appreciate your guidance. Thank you.
-
TofanoSearcher
- Newbie

- Posts: 7
- Joined: 10 Feb 2020, 17:33
Re: Slightly stuck on 'Capuozzo'
In your research, did you uncover any people with the surname Tofano? I only ask because my Great Great Grandfather Enrico Tofano had a man named Attilio Capuozzo sign as a witness on his Petition for Naturalization.
