Hi to all!
I write this post on behalf of my colleague from Poland who has this sensational message:
"I am a Polish amateur genealogist. Today I found death certificates of two Italian soldiers drowned in the Vistula River in 1831. Their corpse was found in the village of Dębniki (Podgórze parish) - is now part of the city of Krakow. Both were soldiers of the Austrian army - the legion of Archduke Albrecht. The first was Carolus Ambrosius Zappa and was 24 years old, and the second was Cajetanus Columbo, 27 years old and he came from the city of Lenno on Lake Como.
Maybe someone wants to know their fate.
Regards"
I attach the death certificate for these two soldiers to the post. Maybe there will be someone interested.
Best regards
Jozef
I have a problem with the scan of this metric, could anyone tell me how to properly put a photo or scan in this post?
Italian legionaries Zappa and Columbo in Poland in 1831.
Italian legionaries Zappa and Columbo in Poland in 1831.
Member of Lubusz Genealogical Society in Poland
Re: Italian legionaries Zappa and Columbo in Poland in 1831.
Link on this scan: https://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/7d720eec2965d582
Member of Lubusz Genealogical Society in Poland
Re: Italian legionaries Zappa and Columbo in Poland in 1831.
Additional information that can be obtained from this record: Carolus Zappa drowned in the Vistula River on July 14, 1831, he was 24 years old; Caetano Columbo drowned on October 9, 1831, he was 27 years old. Is there anyone who would be interested in this topic?
Member of Lubusz Genealogical Society in Poland
