My grandfather I was told came from Italy Not sure where? on some paperwork he is named as John & others as Giovani & Dionisio Massa
I believe he was born in about 1870 not sure if he came straight to England or not. He met my grandmother Angelina Podesta ( Peodesta ) they had 5 children the first born in 1886 ,1894,1901 1902 1906.
they lived in London (little Italy borough of Finsbury, & Lambeth London, possibly Manchester
I'm Told he was a pianoforte pinner.
Any help please
Dionisio Massa
Re: Dionisio Massa
Hi,
I found a Giovanni Massa born in Montoggio, Genova, IT on 9 Jan 1870 #7 son of Francesco 31 old, farmer, ( son of Giovanni sr) and of Teresa Porcella.
I searched in several places, because he coming from Genova area surely, or near, but without know the his parent's names is a bit hard.. this Giovanni matching by birthyear and because the given name of mother is Teresa, and your John/Dionisio the first daughter was Mary Theresa...
That is all...
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046914
Best regards,
suanj
I found a Giovanni Massa born in Montoggio, Genova, IT on 9 Jan 1870 #7 son of Francesco 31 old, farmer, ( son of Giovanni sr) and of Teresa Porcella.
I searched in several places, because he coming from Genova area surely, or near, but without know the his parent's names is a bit hard.. this Giovanni matching by birthyear and because the given name of mother is Teresa, and your John/Dionisio the first daughter was Mary Theresa...
That is all...
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046914
Best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

