I am currently working on getting birth records for family members who were born in Italy. I have successfully located most of them, at least online. However, I am stumped on one.
My great grandfather had a second wife. Her name was Victoria Tomasello. Her father was Rosaio Tomasello and her mother was Giovanna Barbiero. I was able to locate what I believe is her father's birth certificate and he was born in 1872 in Bauso, Sicily. I believe that Victoria was also born there in 1886 or 1887 but I cannot find a record of her birth. I did find some records for Bauso on family search but I am not sure if they are complete and it looked like 1887 was missing.
Could anyone here possibly direct me to any sources that might have the information?
Thank you.
Carren
Help locating a birth certificate for Bauso in Sicily
-
chlobutton
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 03 Dec 2019, 20:49
Re: Help locating a birth certificate for Bauso in Sicily
If the father Rosario was born in 1872,
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=544448
then it seems very unlikely that his daughter Vittoria was born in 1886 or 1887
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=544448
then it seems very unlikely that his daughter Vittoria was born in 1886 or 1887
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
chlobutton
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 03 Dec 2019, 20:49
Re: Help locating a birth certificate for Bauso in Sicily
Hmm. I thought they married young but now that you say that, it would have been pretty young.
Anyhow, I did locate a census that mentioned Rosario and Victoria and it indicates he was 53 at the time and estimates his birth year around 1857. So I guess its back to the drawing board since I'm not actually sure he came from Bauso.
Anyhow, I did locate a census that mentioned Rosario and Victoria and it indicates he was 53 at the time and estimates his birth year around 1857. So I guess its back to the drawing board since I'm not actually sure he came from Bauso.
