Giovanni Antonio Parini and his father Giuseppe
Giovanni Antonio Parini and his father Giuseppe
Looking for Giovanni's birth - born in Italy around 1844. He later came to England and I have his history in England but can find no birth for him in Italy. I don't know when he left Italy, but he was in England by 1867 when he married an English girl. His father was Giuseppe Parini - Giuseppe was a Silk weaver but I dont know if he came to the UK with his son, when Giovanni was young, or if Giuseppe stayed in Italy. Either way I can find no trace of him that connects him to Giovanni. Giuseppe was already dead before 1867 when his son got married but other than that, I have no idea when he died. There appear to be no immigration records nor naturalisation records available for that time, so I am quite stuck. If anyone has any connections or information, I would be very grateful, thank you 
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Giovanni Antonio Parini and his father Giuseppe
There is a post on my website about Finding the town of origin that you might find helpful.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Giovanni Antonio Parini and his father Giuseppe
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Giovanni Antonio Parini and his father Giuseppe
thank you very much for the links. I will have a lookItalysearcher wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 15:34 There is a post on my website about Finding the town of origin that you might find helpful.
Re: Giovanni Antonio Parini and his father Giuseppe
thank you for your replyadelfio wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 20:17 Is this yours
PG LINK
https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/pe ... 9933/facts
Marty
Re: Giovanni Antonio Parini and his father Giuseppe
Hi,
Giovanni Antonio Parini was no born in Roma surely.. his father was a silk weaver and the area is Como area, surely. He don't sent the his marriage certificate in Italy, to file it in the civil records, but another Giovanni Parini son of Carlo, also in England, married in England,on 1865, sent in Italy the his english marriage certificate! In the Birth Commune!
These two Giovanni lived in Hoxton and Clerkenwell on 1871 census… so no far…
Well this other Giovanni son of Carlo was born in Consiglio di Rumo, Como, IT. His father was a beekeeper.. This Giovanni after that his wife died, went back in Italy and died in Gravedona on 1919, 81 old, but born and residing in Consiglio di Rumo.
here is the his english marriage filing in Italy
https://i.postimg.cc/G9wVJp64/parini.jpg
I searched abt Giuseppe Death record, but he died before of 1866, surely, because I no found.. in Como province the civil records starting from 1866.. and before of this year just the Church records..
I hope that this my suggestion is helpful.. however or Consiglio di Rumo or some town near … this is the his birtharea, second my opinion.
You know the maiden name of Giovanni's mother?
Best regards,
suanj
Giovanni Antonio Parini was no born in Roma surely.. his father was a silk weaver and the area is Como area, surely. He don't sent the his marriage certificate in Italy, to file it in the civil records, but another Giovanni Parini son of Carlo, also in England, married in England,on 1865, sent in Italy the his english marriage certificate! In the Birth Commune!
These two Giovanni lived in Hoxton and Clerkenwell on 1871 census… so no far…
Well this other Giovanni son of Carlo was born in Consiglio di Rumo, Como, IT. His father was a beekeeper.. This Giovanni after that his wife died, went back in Italy and died in Gravedona on 1919, 81 old, but born and residing in Consiglio di Rumo.
here is the his english marriage filing in Italy
https://i.postimg.cc/G9wVJp64/parini.jpg
I searched abt Giuseppe Death record, but he died before of 1866, surely, because I no found.. in Como province the civil records starting from 1866.. and before of this year just the Church records..
I hope that this my suggestion is helpful.. however or Consiglio di Rumo or some town near … this is the his birtharea, second my opinion.
You know the maiden name of Giovanni's mother?
Best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Giovanni Antonio Parini and his father Giuseppe
Ciao Suanjsuanj wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 10:07 Hi,
Giovanni Antonio Parini was no born in Roma surely.. his father was a silk weaver and the area is Como area, surely. He don't sent the his marriage certificate in Italy, to file it in the civil records, but another Giovanni Parini son of Carlo, also in England, married in England,on 1865, sent in Italy the his english marriage certificate! In the Birth Commune!
These two Giovanni lived in Hoxton and Clerkenwell on 1871 census… so no far…
Well this other Giovanni son of Carlo was born in Consiglio di Rumo, Como, IT. His father was a beekeeper.. This Giovanni after that his wife died, went back in Italy and died in Gravedona on 1919, 81 old, but born and residing in Consiglio di Rumo.
here is the his english marriage filing in Italy
https://i.postimg.cc/G9wVJp64/parini.jpg
I searched abt Giuseppe Death record, but he died before of 1866, surely, because I no found.. in Como province the civil records starting from 1866.. and before of this year just the Church records..
I hope that this my suggestion is helpful.. however or Consiglio di Rumo or some town near … this is the his birtharea, second my opinion.
You know the maiden name of Giovanni's mother?
Best regards,
suanj
No, I do not know the name of Giovanni's Mother, only that his father was definitely Giuseppe, not Carlo the beekeeper. (but maybe they were related - it is possible!)
in 1871, my Giovanni was living in 2 Charlotte Place in Mile End, with his wife Annie, and they had a son (also called Giuseppe) who sadly died the same year (information taken from the baptism and death records for the baby), so they cannot be the Parini's living in Clerkenwell in the 1871 census. I cannot find my Parini's on a census for 1871 on Ancestry though!
Yes the father Giuseppe died Before 1867 and possibly before 1866, as you say, although I did find a record of a man called Giuseppe Felice Parini who died in Como in 1866,I think - so that might be the father, but because I cannot understand the writing or the language very well, I am not sure if this is the Giuseppe Parini that I want!
The only other thing I have been told about Giovanni (but I do not know if this is correct - it is just the family story that has been passed down by word of mouth through the generations - is that Giovanni came to England with an Italian wife but she died here, and then he remarried an English girl -( Annie Harriet Fairbank in 1867, when he was 23 years old) and that is the family line that my husband is descended from). However, when family stories are handed down, they can get mixed up - it may have been Giuseppe who came over with his Italian wife and their son, Giovanni when Giovanni was very young, and then Giuseppe's wife died! I do not know and can find no records which confirm this for sure.
thank you again for taking the trouble to look into this. I hope you are keeping safe and well over there in Italy - this virus is really horrible for the world. - Best wishes, Claire
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/11 ... dit/record
Re: Giovanni Antonio Parini and his father Giuseppe
Oh yes, your Giovanni was in Mile End, sorry I read Hoxton, that was the birthplace of Annie, sorry:
Giovani Parini
England and Wales Census, 1871
Name
Giovani Parini
Event Type
Census
Event Date
1871
Event Place
Mile End New Town All Saints, Middlesex, England, United Kingdom
Sub-District
Mile End New Town
Enumeration District
13
Gender
Male
Age
27
Marital Status
Married
Occupation
Frame Maker
Relationship to Head of Household
Head
Birth Year (Estimated)
1844
Birthplace
Italy
Affiliate Image Identifier
GBC/1871/0514/0101
Household
Role
Sex
Age
Birthplace
Giovani Parini
Head
M
27
Italy
Annie Parini
Wife
F
23
Hoxton, Middlesex
Giovani R Parini
Son
M
3
Hackney, Middlesex
Giuseppe A Parini
Son
M
0
Stepney, Middlesex
James Crosta
Lodger
M
30
Italy
Franchi Franverco
Lodger
M
40
Italy
----------------------------------------------
and this is the 1871 census abt the other Giovanni Parini son of Carlo:
Giovanni Parini
England and Wales Census, 1871
Name
Giovanni Parini
Event Type
Census
Event Date
1871
Event Place
Clerkenwell St James, Middlesex, England, United Kingdom
Sub-District
Goswell Street
Enumeration District
3
Gender
Male
Age
34
Marital Status
Married
Occupation
Confectioner
Relationship to Head of Household
Head
Birth Year (Estimated)
1837
Birthplace
Italy
Affiliate Image Identifier
GBC/1871/0392/0108
Household
Role
Sex
Age
Birthplace
Giovanni Parini
Head
M
34
Italy
Elizabeth Parini
Wife
F
35
Airton, Yorkshire
Pietro Minasta
Cousin
M
44
Italy
Luigi Zuchi
Servant
M
14
Italy
Orofrin Riva
Visitor
M
28
Switzerland
----------------------------------------
Mile End is far from Clerkenwell just 4,2 miles… no far…
https://www.google.it/maps/dir/Clerkenw ... 235453!3e0
I believe they was related in some way…
regards,
suanj
Giovani Parini
England and Wales Census, 1871
Name
Giovani Parini
Event Type
Census
Event Date
1871
Event Place
Mile End New Town All Saints, Middlesex, England, United Kingdom
Sub-District
Mile End New Town
Enumeration District
13
Gender
Male
Age
27
Marital Status
Married
Occupation
Frame Maker
Relationship to Head of Household
Head
Birth Year (Estimated)
1844
Birthplace
Italy
Affiliate Image Identifier
GBC/1871/0514/0101
Household
Role
Sex
Age
Birthplace
Giovani Parini
Head
M
27
Italy
Annie Parini
Wife
F
23
Hoxton, Middlesex
Giovani R Parini
Son
M
3
Hackney, Middlesex
Giuseppe A Parini
Son
M
0
Stepney, Middlesex
James Crosta
Lodger
M
30
Italy
Franchi Franverco
Lodger
M
40
Italy
----------------------------------------------
and this is the 1871 census abt the other Giovanni Parini son of Carlo:
Giovanni Parini
England and Wales Census, 1871
Name
Giovanni Parini
Event Type
Census
Event Date
1871
Event Place
Clerkenwell St James, Middlesex, England, United Kingdom
Sub-District
Goswell Street
Enumeration District
3
Gender
Male
Age
34
Marital Status
Married
Occupation
Confectioner
Relationship to Head of Household
Head
Birth Year (Estimated)
1837
Birthplace
Italy
Affiliate Image Identifier
GBC/1871/0392/0108
Household
Role
Sex
Age
Birthplace
Giovanni Parini
Head
M
34
Italy
Elizabeth Parini
Wife
F
35
Airton, Yorkshire
Pietro Minasta
Cousin
M
44
Italy
Luigi Zuchi
Servant
M
14
Italy
Orofrin Riva
Visitor
M
28
Switzerland
----------------------------------------
Mile End is far from Clerkenwell just 4,2 miles… no far…
https://www.google.it/maps/dir/Clerkenw ... 235453!3e0
I believe they was related in some way…
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Giovanni Antonio Parini and his father Giuseppe
abt the family story… I believe that Giovanni went around 1864 in UK… he was 20 old abt… maybe 21 old.. seeming impossible that he was married, maybe he had a girlfriend… I don't thik that he went with his birth family in UK….
Consiglio di Rumo could be the right birthplace..
best regards,
suanj
Consiglio di Rumo could be the right birthplace..
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

