Translation-Death Antonio Vacca
Re: Translation-Death Antonio Vacca
Best I can make out.
On the 9th of September 1810 appeared Vito Patrone, 40, a laborer, residing in Padula at Strada Spirito Santo and a nephew of the deceased and Nicolo Romanillo, 46, a mason, residing in Padula at Strada Santo Paolo and an acquaintance of the deceased who reported the death of Antonio Vacca, "di ?" 60 a laborer, residing in Padula at Strada S(an) Vito Viecchio, survived by his wife Rosa Tosco, 60, and two deceased sons?
Biff
On the 9th of September 1810 appeared Vito Patrone, 40, a laborer, residing in Padula at Strada Spirito Santo and a nephew of the deceased and Nicolo Romanillo, 46, a mason, residing in Padula at Strada Santo Paolo and an acquaintance of the deceased who reported the death of Antonio Vacca, "di ?" 60 a laborer, residing in Padula at Strada S(an) Vito Viecchio, survived by his wife Rosa Tosco, 60, and two deceased sons?
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Translation-Death Antonio Vacca
What does it say after "2 deceased sons"? Something about "major" and "minor"?
Re: Translation-Death Antonio Vacca
To add to what Biff made out:
The village of Catauro belongs to the municipality of Grottaminarda, in the province of Avellino, region Campania.
Robert
Biff83 wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 17:19 Best I can make out.
On the 9th of September 1810 appeared Vito Patrone, 40, a laborer, residing in Padula at Strada Spirito Santo and a nephew of the deceased and Nicolo Romanillo, 46, a mason, residing in Padula at Strada Santo Paolo and an acquaintance of the deceased who reported the death of Antonio Vacca, "di Catauro" 60 a laborer, residing in Padula at Strada S(an) Vito Viecchio, survived by his wife Rosa Tosco, 60, and two deceased sons (uno maggiore di eta e l'altro minore ha lasciato beni fondi siti in Padula) one older and the other minor to whom was left property funds located in Padula
Biff
The village of Catauro belongs to the municipality of Grottaminarda, in the province of Avellino, region Campania.
Robert
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Translation-Death Antonio Vacca
Wife's surname is Lo Tosco.rfiorille wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 22:04 To add to what Biff made out:
Biff83 wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 17:19 Best I can make out.
On the 9th of September 1810 appeared Vito Patrone, 40, a laborer, residing in Padula at Strada Spirito Santo and a nephew of the deceased and Nicolo Romanillo, 46, a mason, residing in Padula at Strada Santo Paolo and an acquaintance of the deceased who reported the death of Antonio Vacca, "di Catauro" 60 a laborer, residing in Padula at Strada S(an) Vito Viecchio, survived by his wife Rosa [color=#0000FF]Lo[/color] Tosco, 60, and two deceased sons (uno maggiore di eta e l'altro minore ha lasciato beni fondi siti in Padula) one older and the other minor to whom was left property funds located in Padula
Biff
The village of Catauro belongs to the municipality of Grottaminarda, in the province of Avellino, region Campania.
Robert
The son's were both alive. I think it says that they were his "married sons" - "due figli maritati".
Angela
Re: Translation-Death Antonio Vacca
Could "due figli" mean children or offspring and not specifically males? I ask because I am descended from a daughter.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Translation-Death Antonio Vacca
Yes, figli, can mean children, but usually in the records that I have seen it would define by stating something like "two children, one male and one female" but maybe this isn't always the case.Allyson1 wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 01:32 Could "due figli" mean children or offspring and not specifically males? I ask because I am descended from a daughter.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Translation-Death Antonio Vacca
Also, following on from my previous comment here, in case you've already seen it, I just want to mention something:
Re "maggiore" and "minore" . Usually, in the records, when we see a child referred to as "maggiore" we would understand that this meant that s/he had reached the age of maturity, while the "minore" would be one that hadn't yet reached the age of maturity. I can't exactly remember what the age of maturity was for males. I know it was different for females. Someone else will know.
Angela
Re "maggiore" and "minore" . Usually, in the records, when we see a child referred to as "maggiore" we would understand that this meant that s/he had reached the age of maturity, while the "minore" would be one that hadn't yet reached the age of maturity. I can't exactly remember what the age of maturity was for males. I know it was different for females. Someone else will know.
Angela
Re: Translation-Death Antonio Vacca
Antonio Vacca, "di Catauro" 60 a laborer, residing in Padula at Strada S(an) Vito Viecchio
Is it possible that "di Catauro" may be the name of his father? I have seen the name of fathers listed in this way in several other documents.
Is it possible that "di Catauro" may be the name of his father? I have seen the name of fathers listed in this way in several other documents.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Translation-Death Antonio Vacca
Allyson1 wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 17:33 Antonio Vacca, "di Catauro" 60 a laborer, residing in Padula at Strada S(an) Vito Viecchio
Is it possible that "di Catauro" may be the name of his father? I have seen the name of fathers listed in this way in several other documents.
I'm wondering whether Catauro might be a variation of the name Cataldo? When I looked at the record yesterday, I read it as "son of Catauro", a given name that I had not heard of. I checked the indices and it has his father's name as Cataldo. Can you link us to the other records you have, showing his father's name "Catauro". I personally don't think that he was from the town Catauro.
Angela
Re: Translation-Death Antonio Vacca
This is the only document I have with his name on it.

