Hi all,
Hope your all safe and well.
I’m looking to find any records that relate to my great grandfather leaving Italy and coming to Scotland.
Giovanni Amabile
Born 3rd June 1889 In Cava dei Tirreni
Was a barber/hairdresser
Married a Scottish girl in 1912 and later had 11 children in Scotland before he passed away in 1956.
I’m going assume he wouldn’t have left Italy before the age of 16, therefore I would be looking for records from c1905 onwards.
Where is the best place to look? And is there anything in particular is should look out for?
Thanks in advance!
Where to start researching???
Re: Where to start researching???
You can try for his "ruolo matricolare", that should be at the Archivio di Stato di Salerno,
If he served in the Army, it describes the various steps his service.
You can write to
as-sa.ricerche@beniculturali.it
and ask if it's available, how much it would cost to receive a digital copy, and how you can pay for it.
If he served in the Army, it describes the various steps his service.
You can write to
as-sa.ricerche@beniculturali.it
and ask if it's available, how much it would cost to receive a digital copy, and how you can pay for it.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Genoveffe Bozzer, Australia
Hello
This is a longshot as I have little details. I am trying to find out whatever happened to my aunt who was born Genoveffe Bozzer in Casarsa della Delizia, Pordenone, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy, sometime in the late 1920s. She emigrated to the UK in the late 1940s to marry and lived in Scotland. Sometime in the late 1950s or 1960s she moved to Australia (possibly near Sydney). She was known as Jennie. I believe she remarried but I have no marriage name. Most probably she is now dead. But I thought I'd post this message.
Thanks.
This is a longshot as I have little details. I am trying to find out whatever happened to my aunt who was born Genoveffe Bozzer in Casarsa della Delizia, Pordenone, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy, sometime in the late 1920s. She emigrated to the UK in the late 1940s to marry and lived in Scotland. Sometime in the late 1950s or 1960s she moved to Australia (possibly near Sydney). She was known as Jennie. I believe she remarried but I have no marriage name. Most probably she is now dead. But I thought I'd post this message.
Thanks.
Re: Where to start researching???
familiares de NICOLA TEODORO BARBETTA

