Another Birth Certificate Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
dpv
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Jun 2019, 05:42

Another Birth Certificate Translation

Post by dpv »

This one is a head-scratcher for me. Where I would normally see the father's name, I see a women's name (Anna Russo)

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=719672

Image: 1505
No: 43

Costantino Visco's birth certificate.

Any help figuring out the usual information (e.g. DOB, parents, parents' parents, age of parents, etc.) would be useful!

Thanks in advance!

Don
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Another Birth Certificate Translation

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Birth No 43: Costantino Visco, son of Giuseppina

Registered on 31 August 1870, town of Petina

Appearing was Anna Russo, daughter of Luigi, 67 yo, levatrice (midwife), living in Petina. She presented a male baby who was not alive, to the official, who she reported was born from Giuseppina Visco, daughter of Domenico, born from her union with a man, who did not want to be named, on 30 August 1870, at 7 pm in the house she lives in this town of Petina, in Strada Castello. The baby was given the name Costantino. The mother of the baby did not preent the baby as she was unwell.


Angela
dpv
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Jun 2019, 05:42

Re: Another Birth Certificate Translation

Post by dpv »

Thank you, Angela.

Hmm. I have been looking for information on this Giuseppina Visco, son of Domenico. Likely born in 1852...so she would have been 18. I checked through many Petina records and didn't find her marriage. I haven't gotten to the death records yet, but I suspect I may find her there (possibly 1870...)

Don
Post Reply