Pennsylvania Birth Certificate Issues??

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
afecad
Elite
Elite
Posts: 341
Joined: 09 Sep 2020, 21:34
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Pennsylvania Birth Certificate Issues??

Post by afecad »

I obtained my Grandparents official state issued birth certificates, but as it's been noted prior these are transcribed computer print outs, not certified copies of the original handwritten long forms. Will these be accepted?

I only have a photo copy of my Grandfather's original birth certificate, believe it was obtained at the local courthouse and to make matter's worse they misspelled his first name, say's "Wedo" but his name was actually "Guido". This matches the original, but it's the only time they misspelled it and all other documents have it correct but it causes an issue with the process.

As well my Grandmother's has some mistakes. I did see on the back of the PA Birth Certificate there is a box to submit corrections, just requires a Notary and proof, problem is they are both deceased and I'm not sure what still remains that is "original" from my family to prove anything.

For the spelling, I have original scans of his military enlistment in WWII that spells his full name correctly, how I obtain the original is beyond me? Military Records perhaps?

Also I do not have a copy of my Grandmother's original hand written birth certificate, suspect the error was just poor handwriting or lack of English at the time from her parents. The name of her Mother is totally off, first and last and not even close, it is listed as another person that does not match anyone on record. I met my Great-Grandmother and nobody in the family ever claimed she wasn't my Grandmother's biological Mother, so this is another issue that needs to be corrected.

Death certificates are original certified copies, go figure no issues with those.
Post Reply