1948 Wrong Birth dates

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Italiaart
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 31 Oct 2020, 05:44

1948 Wrong Birth dates

Post by Italiaart »

Hello all,

I am hoping to apply for Italian citizenship soon. My case is a 1948. I have few questions that I hope you all can answer.

1. Can someone list all the documents needed for the 1948. Only birth, marriage, and death certificates, correct?

2. I have only one problem my Great Great-Grandfather listed the wrong birth date (month and day) on his naturalization records, but the year is correct. It is also wrong on his petition to naturalize as well. It does not match the month and day on his Italian birth certificate, and no it is not the months and days in reverse. Would this be an issue for the 1948 case? And how have you all fixed it?

3. From what I gather in the forums, names are not an issue, correct? At one point some of my ancestors used an A at the end of their last names instead of O.

Any suggestions on how to navigate this?

Thanks!
Italiaart
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 31 Oct 2020, 05:44

Re: 1948 Wrong Birth dates

Post by Italiaart »

Anyone? :)
Post Reply