Switch First and Middle Name

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Tsantoro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 27 Jul 2019, 00:17

Switch First and Middle Name

Post by Tsantoro »

Hello,

Our Great-grandfather's birth certificate reads "Angelo Raffaele Santoro", but all of his paperwork once he reaches the US has his first and middle name switched to "Raffaele Angelo Santoro".

I am wondering if the consulate is likely to reject our application based on this? Do I need to get amended vital records in the US that match his Birth Certificate?
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Switch First and Middle Name

Post by suanj »

It is no a big error... it was no rare a similar error, no problem second my opinion.. please to have a fiidavit ONE AND THE SAME.. stating that Angelo raffaele SANTORO and Raffaele Angelo SANTONO are one and the same person...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Tsantoro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 27 Jul 2019, 00:17

Re: Switch First and Middle Name

Post by Tsantoro »

Thank you for the thoughts, @susanj! I will try and get an affidavit stating that. 👍
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Switch First and Middle Name

Post by suanj »

yes affidavit, sorry for the mispelled word, sometimes my keyboard needs to be changed!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply