I have been researching the San Leucio, Benevento area of Italy. I have searched the actual Italian site for info, but have only come up for a handful of records for that particular area alone.
I have a few questions.
Should I search outside of San Leucio? Or did families typically not migrate outside their town? Did extended families typically stay together in the same town? The Italian surname I am most focused on, Dello Iacovo, was not a common surname compared to others. I was told it meant “of the jacovo or jacobs”, which may meant they were farmers of jacovo way back? I have no idea if that is accurate.
Also, I have been searching to no end to find out where to research for ancestors born in the 1850’ era. When did they start keeping records?
Oh! Another thing, when my great great grandfather filled out a census in the US, he listed his father as being born in Berlin, Germany. I am not sure why he did that and if that is true, how to search that information. That would have been in the 1850’s as well.
Boy, I wish I knew Italian. I am kind of mad I renewed a $200 ancestry membership. I could have used that money to pay someone in Italy to help!
Thanks for any info!
Is it possible to find brith records from the 1850’?
-
DelloIacovo
- Rookie

- Posts: 28
- Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 15:02
Re: Is it possible to find brith records from the 1850’?
Hi, I don't know if I understood very well, however I found in Benevento archive, abt the civil records before of 1860, and indicized no all the Communes , well that the surname was DELLA IACOVO, no Dello Iacovo and I found just 2 records: one Angelo born in Montesarchio on 31 Jul 1815 and a Maria Michela Filomena born in Forchia on 29 sep 1855
DELLA IACOVO Angelo
Luogo Data: nato a MONTESARCHIO il 31 luglio 1815
---------------
DELLA IACOVO Maria Michela Filomena
Luogo Data: nata a FORCHIA il 29 settembre 1855
---------------------
so maybe could be helpful to search by Della Iacovo or Della Jacovo also...
suanj
DELLA IACOVO Angelo
Luogo Data: nato a MONTESARCHIO il 31 luglio 1815
---------------
DELLA IACOVO Maria Michela Filomena
Luogo Data: nata a FORCHIA il 29 settembre 1855
---------------------
so maybe could be helpful to search by Della Iacovo or Della Jacovo also...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Is it possible to find brith records from the 1850’?
However by Antenati website seeming that Della Iacovo and Dello Iacovo was inBenevento, in Montesarchio and Forchia especially..
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
-
DelloIacovo
- Rookie

- Posts: 28
- Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 15:02
Re: Is it possible to find brith records from the 1850’?
Thank you!suanj wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 19:08 However by Antenati website seeming that Della Iacovo and Dello Iacovo was inBenevento, in Montesarchio and Forchia especially..
suanj
Could it be possible they are related? All of the Dello Iacovos from those areas? I am curious from where they originated.
Re: Is it possible to find brith records from the 1850’?
The more older seeming Della Iacovo Angelo born on 1815
and seeming that the surname was Dello Iacovo.. so I read, maybe who indicized read wrong record #117http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Benevento/Stato+civile+napoleonico/Montesarchio/Nati/1815/1082/007859842_00187.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0
The father was Pasquale 28 old apothecary...
no more info, maybe the surname was original of Montesarchio.
Regards,
suanj
and seeming that the surname was Dello Iacovo.. so I read, maybe who indicized read wrong record #117http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Benevento/Stato+civile+napoleonico/Montesarchio/Nati/1815/1082/007859842_00187.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0
The father was Pasquale 28 old apothecary...
no more info, maybe the surname was original of Montesarchio.
Regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
