Grand mother's mother

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
TomPia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: 14 Sep 2019, 12:45

Grand mother's mother

Post by TomPia »

I am trying to find out who my great grandmother was. My grand mother Francesca DiMaggio (madden name was Carella), Was born in 1897 I think in Palermo. She came to the US in 1916 or early 1917. Her father was already in the US but do not know when he came. I can find nothing on him. His name I know was Domenico Carella. but there lot listed and I have know ides witch one is him. I know my grand mother had a sister who was a Nun but do not know what order only that her name was Sister Anna Marie and that she came to the US for a visit in 1971, and the news paper said she was 72 then and that she came from Crotone Italy. The article was from the Kansas City Star Jan 25th 1971.
Any information on her or her father and mother would be a big help.
Again I would like to thank everyone for there help.

Tom P.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Grand mother's mother

Post by darkerhorse »

Line 26. Left brother Paolino in Palermo in 1916 and joined father Domenico in NY.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Grand mother's mother

Post by darkerhorse »

The fact that she wasn't living with her mother in Sicily when she immigrated suggests that her mother had also immigrated before her or had died by 1916.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Grand mother's mother

Post by darkerhorse »

I guess departure was 1916 and arrival was 1917.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Grand mother's mother

Post by darkerhorse »

One family tree has her mother's name as Concetta Collora.
Post Reply