Travel Document v Passport

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Travel Document v Passport

Post by darkerhorse »

Two different persons named Nicolo Pitruzzello were naturalized in Connecticut, one in 1960 and the other in 1963.

I'm trying to determine when each arrived.

Two passengers named Nicolo Pitruzzello arrived in 1954 and 1958. Both have identifying numbers; the one arriving in 1958 is a passport number (6581988) and the one arriving in 1954 is a travel document (514073).

My theory is that the 1954 arrival was naturalized in 1960 and the 1958 arrival in 1963.

However, I was wondering what a travel document was as opposed to a passport, and whether the two arrivals could be the same person?
Attachments
42804_337274-00755.jpg
NYT715_8478-0520.jpg
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Travel Document v Passport

Post by darkerhorse »

I really believe they are two different people, but don't understand why the different travel documents.
Post Reply