On this record I read 'Anna Teresa Tondini vedova del fu Andrea Danno di Salmone'
She passed in Roccaguglielma. Where could Salmone be?
Maybe Sulmona, but that is quite a distance back then.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Name of Comune - Salmone?
- TerraLavoro
- Elite

- Posts: 398
- Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 20:05
- Location: California
Re: Name of Comune - Salmone?
If it helps, Sulmona was named "Solmona" until 1902. See page link:
http://www.elesh.it/storiacomuni/storia ... tat=066098
http://www.elesh.it/storiacomuni/storia ... tat=066098
TerraLavoro
Re: Name of Comune - Salmone?
If I may suggest, the meaning could be: "widow of the late Andrea Danno (son) of Salomone".
I also find interesting that the profession of the deceased is listed as "mendicante" (beggar), and the record shows that she passed away "nella pubblica taverna di questo paese" (in the public tavern of this town).
I also find interesting that the profession of the deceased is listed as "mendicante" (beggar), and the record shows that she passed away "nella pubblica taverna di questo paese" (in the public tavern of this town).
