Does my great granpops mean I qualify?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Lash83
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 Mar 2021, 08:11

Does my great granpops mean I qualify?

Post by Lash83 »

Hello lovely people.

I am wondering if I qualify for citizenship by descendant.

My paternal great grandfather was born in Siena, Italy in 1896, came to America in 1912, but familyorg records indicate he didn’t petition to naturalize until 1925. My grandmother was born in 1924 in the US, so my GGF was still an Italian citizen when she was born in New York the year prior.

Does this qualify me?
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Does my great granpops mean I qualify?

Post by PippoM »

Yes, that seems to qualify you through a 1948 case (a court case).
However, it must be investigated deeper.
I've sent you a PM for possible legal assistance.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply