Comune di Zarza Mayore

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
maritabobbio
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 25 Apr 2020, 23:53

Comune di Zarza Mayore

Post by maritabobbio »

Good evening, I would like to ask for your help to see if anyone can identify this commune from Italy: "Zarza Mayor" that appears in these Argentine records of Filomena Stefanelli daughter of Giuseppe Stefanelli and Carmela Maiorani (Mayorani - Maiorano). Born February 23, 1913
Thank you.
maritabobbio
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 25 Apr 2020, 23:53

Re: Comune di Zarza Mayore

Post by maritabobbio »

C2ABF0FE-B63C-4E8B-B6FF-F631B5343588.jpeg
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Comune di Zarza Mayore

Post by erudita74 »

I have only found one town which is close in spelling and that is a town in western Spain, bordering Portugal, called Zorza la Mayor. The record does read that the town of birth was in the jurisdiction of the kingdom of Italy. I just know that there is Roman influence in this town, but that is obviously not from the early 20th century.

Is this record online? If so, can you provide a link to it?
Erudita
cedrone
Master
Master
Posts: 627
Joined: 23 Feb 2020, 22:01

Re: Comune di Zarza Mayore

Post by cedrone »

Perhaps Salsomaggiore, province of Parma?
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Comune di Zarza Mayore

Post by PippoM »

cedrone wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 02:57 Perhaps Salsomaggiore, province of Parma?
It might be a good guess, as the surname is still existing and quite common in that area
I had another guess: Cercemaggiore, province of Campobasso (also because names such as Filomena and Carmela sound more southern). I've checked for year 1913, but could not find the birth of Filomena Stefanelli
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
maritabobbio
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 25 Apr 2020, 23:53

Re: Comune di Zarza Mayore

Post by maritabobbio »

erudita74 wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 00:21 I have only found one town which is close in spelling and that is a town in western Spain, bordering Portugal, called Zorza la Mayor. The record does read that the town of birth was in the jurisdiction of the kingdom of Italy. I just know that there is Roman influence in this town, but that is obviously not from the early 20th century.

Is this record online? If so, can you provide a link to it?
Erudita
Thank you Erudita.
Unfortunately there is no link. It is a PDF of the Marriage Certificate of Filomena Stefanelli with Dacal Antonio in Argentina.
maritabobbio
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 25 Apr 2020, 23:53

Re: Comune di Zarza Mayore

Post by maritabobbio »

I thank everyone for their contributions.

Thank you very much.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Comune di Zarza Mayore

Post by suanj »

Well I believe that Filomena stated Cercemaggiore as birthplace and PippoM was right, but in Cercemaggiore the birth is no there... I found that the family coming from Circello , Benevento, IT, because a child, Adamo was born in Circello on 13 jul 1902...

searching on 1913, well on 19 Feb 1913 stillborn Libera STEFANELLI daughter of Giuseppe Stefanelli 43 old farmer and of Carmela Maiorano... born without life...
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

on 26 Apr 1911 was born Erpidia(?) Stefanelli
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
and other children,
BUT
your Filomena was born on 1915 and not on 1913:
Filomena STEFANELLI born in Circello on 23 Feb 1915 #24 daughter of Giuseppe 45 old farmer and of Carmela Maiorano
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 8.jpg.html
click to enlarge
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply