Jure Sanguinis

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
gooch
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Oct 2021, 20:34

Jure Sanguinis

Post by gooch »

Hi everyone.

My father was born in the USA and gained his dual Italian citizenship as an adult through Jure Sanguinis - his great grandfather was born in Italy.

Can I apply through Jure Sanguinis using him as my path, meaning, just proving my path back to him at the consolate, with his Italian citizenship info, his birth cert and marriage license, and my birth certificate showing my relationship to him?

Or, do I also have to gather and use all the marriage licenses, birth certificates, etc. back to his great grandfather?

Edit: I am not a minor, I am over 21.

Thank you.
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Jure Sanguinis

Post by mler »

Most consulates will use the paperwork submitted by your father if you are applying at the same consulate. If you are going through a different consulate, you will likely need to provided a full document set.
Post Reply