Traveling back and forth between USA and Italy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
woody
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 Feb 2016, 21:02
Location: New York, USA

Traveling back and forth between USA and Italy

Post by woody »

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since I used this site and if this question was answered before I apologize.

The question I have is that both sides of my family have traveled back and forth between Italy and USA. I have been able to find most Immigrations into the USA but I have not been able to find the Emigration back to Italy. Does anyone know a way of searching for these records? :?:
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Traveling back and forth between USA and Italy

Post by PippoM »

Hello!
Such records just do not seem to exist.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Traveling back and forth between USA and Italy

Post by erudita74 »

Although, as Pippo said, records of travels from US to Italy do not exist, some Italian towns did keep info concerning the departures and returns of their citizens. So, I suggest you contact the town in question to see if it kept such records. Many many years ago, a local historian for my husband's grandparents' town in Caserta Province was able to access such info in their town's registers.
Erudita
Post Reply