Okay, I just moved and now fall into the Philly consulate area.
According to their document saying what documents you need, if the ancestor never naturalized and it says "italian" on the Death Cert that further proof isn't needed? They don't mention NARA, USCIS, or the census documents to prove non-naturlization like 2 other consulates I might have applied at (due to moving around). Is this really correct?
Just moved and looking at a new consulates reqs.
Re: Just moved and looking at a new consulates reqs.
Hi,
I sincerely doubt that is correct, since information on a death certificate isn't verified information...it is just what is reported by the informant.
I sincerely doubt that is correct, since information on a death certificate isn't verified information...it is just what is reported by the informant.
Re: Just moved and looking at a new consulates reqs.
Does not align with the San Francisco consulate requirements at all. My family members from PA, who are also applying , will use the Philadelphia consulate.kitcatlvr wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 23:27 Okay, I just moved and now fall into the Philly consulate area.
According to their document saying what documents you need, if the ancestor never naturalized and it says "italian" on the Death Cert that further proof isn't needed? They don't mention NARA, USCIS, or the census documents to prove non-naturlization like 2 other consulates I might have applied at (due to moving around). Is this really correct?
Re: Just moved and looking at a new consulates reqs.
The key words here are “never naturalized.” You will need to prove that; therefore, you need the USCIS no record letter. They then may be willing to accept the death certificate in lieu of census documents as supporting documentation.
Re: Just moved and looking at a new consulates reqs.
Did not know a death certificate would be acceptable. I had census records pulled + USCIS, NARA and the local county courthouse for naturalization records for both of my deceased great-grandparents.mler wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 17:38 The key words here are “never naturalized.” You will need to prove that; therefore, you need the USCIS no record letter. They then may be willing to accept the death certificate in lieu of census documents as supporting documentation.
Re: Just moved and looking at a new consulates reqs.
Did ICA say that any of those supporting documents need an apostille? I've read that consulates in the USA do not require an apostille for census pages but I haven't seen anything about using those documents in "1948" cases.afecad wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 18:55Did not know a death certificate would be acceptable. I had census records pulled + USCIS, NARA and the local county courthouse for naturalization records for both of my deceased great-grandparents.mler wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 17:38 The key words here are “never naturalized.” You will need to prove that; therefore, you need the USCIS no record letter. They then may be willing to accept the death certificate in lieu of census documents as supporting documentation.
Re: Just moved and looking at a new consulates reqs.
Not sure on census records? They only did a search to review my case initially, that is to choose the best path forward in the process. I don't see it mentioned in the page below either:qualdom wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 22:24
Did ICA say that any of those supporting documents need an apostille? I've read that consulates in the USA do not require an apostille for census pages but I haven't seen anything about using those documents in "1948" cases.
https://italiancitizenshipassistance.co ... 20document.



