Hello! Could I please have a translation and transcription of this Confirmation record for Michele Biundo? I'm having trouble with the abbreviations used. I'd be very appreciative if someone could help! Thanks!
Page One (Top Right): https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Michele Biundo's Entry (Top Right): https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Translation of Confirmation Record
Re: Translation of Confirmation Record
Entry for Michele Biundo
Eodem
Michael Biundo fil(ius) Vincentij et Joannae jug(alium) sacr(amentum) conf(irmationis) accepit ut s(upr)a? P(atrinus) f(uit) Ignatius Azzolini.
On the same day (Oct 16th, 1711)
Michele Biundo, son of Vincenzo and Giovanna, spouses, received the the sacrament of Confirmation, as before said (or on the date above said?). Godfather was Ignazio Azzolini.
What do you want transcribed from the first link?
Eodem
Michael Biundo fil(ius) Vincentij et Joannae jug(alium) sacr(amentum) conf(irmationis) accepit ut s(upr)a? P(atrinus) f(uit) Ignatius Azzolini.
On the same day (Oct 16th, 1711)
Michele Biundo, son of Vincenzo and Giovanna, spouses, received the the sacrament of Confirmation, as before said (or on the date above said?). Godfather was Ignazio Azzolini.
What do you want transcribed from the first link?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
-
sbiondo257
- Veteran

- Posts: 173
- Joined: 07 Jan 2021, 05:10
Re: Translation of Confirmation Record
Thank you!! On the first link I just wanted the information about who Confirmed him. I think it give the person and date of the confirmation on the top right.
Re: Translation of Confirmation Record
Anno D(omi)ni 1706 Ind(ictionis) XIII
Sacramentum Confirmationis detentum ab Ill(ustrissi)mo et Re(verendissi)mo D(omi)no Bartholomeo Castelli Episcopo Mazzariensi in hac Matrice Ecc(lesi)a S(anc)tae Pharae Terrae Cinisis sub die 18 mensis 8bris 1706
Year of Lord 1706, 13th Indiction
The Sacrament of Confirmation (detentum) by the very illustrious and reverend Sir Bartholomeo Castelli Bishop of Mazara (?) in this Mother Church of Santa Fara in Cinisi, on Oct 18th, 1706
I don't know the meaning of "detentum", but I think the bishop officiated the Sacrament, as it is usual for Confirmation.
Sacramentum Confirmationis detentum ab Ill(ustrissi)mo et Re(verendissi)mo D(omi)no Bartholomeo Castelli Episcopo Mazzariensi in hac Matrice Ecc(lesi)a S(anc)tae Pharae Terrae Cinisis sub die 18 mensis 8bris 1706
Year of Lord 1706, 13th Indiction
The Sacrament of Confirmation (detentum) by the very illustrious and reverend Sir Bartholomeo Castelli Bishop of Mazara (?) in this Mother Church of Santa Fara in Cinisi, on Oct 18th, 1706
I don't know the meaning of "detentum", but I think the bishop officiated the Sacrament, as it is usual for Confirmation.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
-
sbiondo257
- Veteran

- Posts: 173
- Joined: 07 Jan 2021, 05:10
Re: Translation of Confirmation Record
Thank you so much!!
