Angelo Carfora Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
budlight1951
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 73
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 22:52

Angelo Carfora Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy

Post by budlight1951 »

I am trying to help my wife with her family tree on her mother's side of the family. I am looking at her 3rd Great Grandfather his name is Angelo Carfora born about 1821 in Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy. He married Maria Ralfaela Milgiore, who was born abt 1822 in Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy. Any information that can be provided I would be very thankful.

Her 2nd Great Grandfather son of Angelo Carfora is Salvatore Carfora born 1841 in Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy. He died in 1915 here in the USDA at a place called Newburgh, orange County, NY. In 1884 he lived in Messercola, Cervino, Caserta, Campania, Italy. He married Mariantonia Papa 8 May 1871 in Forchia, Caserta, Campania, Italy. She was born 1845 in Messercola, Cervino, Caserta, Campania, Italy.

As far as I know they had 6 children.
1 Vincenza Carfora born 5 Nov 1871 in Messercola, Cervino, Caserta, Campania, Italy and died in the USA
2 Maria Grazia Carfora born 16 Oct 1873 in Messercola, Cervino, Caserta, Campania, Italy and died in the USA
3 Pasquale Carfora born 24 Nov 1875 Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy and died in USA
4 Maria Immacolata Carmina Carfora born 25 Oct 1881 in Messercola, Cervino, Caserta, Campania, Italy and died in the USA
5 Vincenzo James Carfora born 31 Aug 1884 in Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy and died in USA
6 Nicole Carfora born 1887 in Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy death unk.

Any information that is incorrect please let me know. I am not sure since it been a while since I logged in to this site what email is attached to my user name. This is my correct email address to use until I can figure out how to update my account. baird@twc.com

Thank you for trying to help me.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Angelo Carfora Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy

Post by mmogno »

budlight1951 wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 01:00 I am trying to help my wife with her family tree on her mother's side of the family. I am looking at her 3rd Great Grandfather his name is Angelo Carfora born about 1821 in Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy.

He married Maria Raffaella Migliore, who was born abt 1822 in Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy.
Marriage (Jul 20, 1836, #19)
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 15/w97eOW5

Any information that can be provided I would be very thankful.

Her 2nd Great Grandfather son of Angelo Carfora is Salvatore Carfora born 1841 in Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy.
Birth
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 93/wQB228L


He died in 1915 here in the USDA at a place called Newburgh, orange County, NY. In 1884 he lived in Messercola, Cervino, Caserta, Campania, Italy. He married Mariantonia Papa 8 May 1871 in Forchia, Caserta, Campania, Italy. She was born 1845 in Messercola, Cervino, Caserta, Campania, Italy.

As far as I know they had 6 children.
1 Vincenza Carfora born 5 Nov 1871 in Messercola, Cervino, Caserta, Campania, Italy and died in the USA
2 Maria Grazia Carfora born 16 Oct 1873 in Messercola, Cervino, Caserta, Campania, Italy and died in the USA
3 Pasquale Carfora born 24 Nov 1875 Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy and died in USA
4 Maria Immacolata Carmina Carfora born 25 Oct 1881 in Messercola, Cervino, Caserta, Campania, Italy and died in the USA
5 Vincenzo James Carfora born 31 Aug 1884 in Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy and died in USA
6 Nicole Carfora born 1887 in Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy death unk.

Any information that is incorrect please let me know. I am not sure since it been a while since I logged in to this site what email is attached to my user name. This is my correct email address to use until I can figure out how to update my account. baird@twc.com

Thank you for trying to help me.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Angelo Carfora Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy

Post by Tessa78 »

In the marriage act posted above by mmogno :)
Angelo Carfora is 24, a shoemaker, son of Salvatore Carfora, a hauler; and Elisabetta Verlezza, a spinner.
Raffaella Migliore is 28, a weaver, daughter of Innocenzo Migliore, a tailor; and Maria Giuseppa Nuzzo, a weaver.

You will see Angelo's signature on page 2 :D

From the Marriage Processetti...
This page references the birth act of Angelo Carfora, but the birth/baptism is not included.
You can see that he was born on 16 February 1812
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 67/57WW8q5

The baptism of Raffaella is on the next page.

T.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Angelo Carfora Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy

Post by mmogno »

Tessa78 wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 14:28 In the marriage act posted above by mmogno :)
Angelo Carfora is 24, a shoemaker, son of Salvatore Carfora, a hauler; and Elisabetta Verlezza, a spinner.
Raffaella Migliore is 28, a weaver, daughter of Innocenzo Migliore, a tailor; and Maria Giuseppa Nuzzo, a weaver.

You will see Angelo's signature on page 2 :D

From the Marriage Processetti...
This page references the birth act of Angelo Carfora, but the birth/baptism is not included.
You can see that he was born on 16 February 1812
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 67/57WW8q5

The baptism of Raffaella is on the next page. (Nov 21, 1807)

T.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Angelo Carfora Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy

Post by mmogno »

budlight1951 wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 01:00 ...

5 Vincenzo Carfora born 31 Aug 1884 in Messercola, Cervino, Caserta, Campania, Italy and died in USA
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 0&cat=2576

6 Nicole Carfora
????????
born 1887 in Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania,
????????
Italy death unk.

Any information that is incorrect please let me know. I am not sure since it been a while since I logged in to this site what email is attached to my user name. This is my correct email address to use until I can figure out how to update my account. baird@twc.com

Thank you for trying to help me.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Angelo Carfora Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy

Post by mmogno »

Baptism of Angelo Carfora (4th on left page)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=413684
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Angelo Carfora Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy

Post by Tessa78 »

mmogno wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 17:50 Baptism of Angelo Carfora (4th on left page)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=413684

Great find, mmogno! :D

T.
johnlead423
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 08 Apr 2021, 10:02

Re: Angelo Carfora Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy

Post by johnlead423 »

I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information.
digital marketing townsville
User avatar
budlight1951
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 73
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 22:52

Re: Angelo Carfora Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy

Post by budlight1951 »

Thank you all for helping me. Can you translate into Enlgish for me.
Vac
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 29 Nov 2024, 05:25

Re: Angelo Carfora Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta, Campania, Italy

Post by Vac »

My name is Vincent Carfo. My grandfather was Vincenzo Carfora from Certa. He died long before I was born. My father’s name was Salvatore Carfora our name was shortened many years ago. I knew my grandfather had two sisters in New Haven, Connecticut. I don’t believe I’ve ever met them before they passed on was Maria Grazia and the other was Marie immaculate when I was on ancestry, I did find my grandfather’s parents were Salvatore Pompa and my great Grandmother/name was Papa.
Post Reply