Anyone have access to a resource which would identify what was located at 536 Madison Avenue, Manhattan, New York in 1900 - residence, retail, office, etc.?
If residence, name of occupant?
A 1900 immigration record states that the person was joining an unnamed cousin at that address, but I can't locate it in any records.
536 Madison Avenue
Re: 536 Madison Avenue
Here is the 1900 US Census for 536 Madison AVe.
It appears to be the private residence of Edwin Lancaster, Banker.
Listed among the residents are Catherine and Mary Boland, servants.
Lines 59 and 60.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1325221
T.
It appears to be the private residence of Edwin Lancaster, Banker.
Listed among the residents are Catherine and Mary Boland, servants.
Lines 59 and 60.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1325221
T.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: 536 Madison Avenue
Excellent!
The family I'm tracking is named Boland. Bridget Boland was joining an unnamed cousin at that address. It must have been Catherine or Mary.
The family I'm tracking is named Boland. Bridget Boland was joining an unnamed cousin at that address. It must have been Catherine or Mary.