Sister's Married Name
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Sister's Married Name
I've attached the 1978 SS Death Listing for Madeline (Sullivan) Doty.
I'm trying to identify the married name of her sister Anne/Anna Sullivan (b.1907), and I thought Anne/Anna might be listed as a survivor in Madeline's obituary. I'm certain Anna/Anne was married. There was also a third sister, Catherine (Sullivan) Guarino.
Or maybe there's another way to approach it.
The last records I have of Anne/Anna are the 1925 NY State Census, and her listed as informant on her mother Linda (Boland) Sullivan's 1937 death certificate.
Thoughts?
I'm trying to identify the married name of her sister Anne/Anna Sullivan (b.1907), and I thought Anne/Anna might be listed as a survivor in Madeline's obituary. I'm certain Anna/Anne was married. There was also a third sister, Catherine (Sullivan) Guarino.
Or maybe there's another way to approach it.
The last records I have of Anne/Anna are the 1925 NY State Census, and her listed as informant on her mother Linda (Boland) Sullivan's 1937 death certificate.
Thoughts?
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Sister's Married Name
darkerhorse wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 20:41 I've attached the 1978 SS Death Listing for Madeline (Sullivan) Doty.
Thoughts?
Are you able to post this so that we can take a look. Thank you.
Angela
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Sister's Married Name
Here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Sister's Married Name
I found her.
Can some find an obituary for her - Anna P. (Sullivan) Egan. You may also have been married to a Richard Kilgus.
I thought I had seen an obituary or other document naming Catherine Guarino as her sister, and I wanted to save it.
Can some find an obituary for her - Anna P. (Sullivan) Egan. You may also have been married to a Richard Kilgus.
I thought I had seen an obituary or other document naming Catherine Guarino as her sister, and I wanted to save it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Sister's Married Name
I found these obituaries indexed:
Egan, Anna Patricia Death 2/13/1991 Ukiah Daily Journal
Egan, Anna Patricia Death 2/13/1991 Willits News
Anyone have access?
Egan, Anna Patricia Death 2/13/1991 Ukiah Daily Journal
Egan, Anna Patricia Death 2/13/1991 Willits News
Anyone have access?
Re: Sister's Married Name
It appears she died in California, and her married name was Egan.
Anna Patricia Egan
in the California, U.S., Death Index, 1940-1997
Name: Anna Patricia Egan [Anna Patricia Sullivan]
Social Security #: 060097240
Gender: Female
Birth Date: 17 Mar 1907
Birth Place: New York
Death Date: 10 Feb 1991
Death Place: Mendocino
Mother's Maiden Name: Boland
Father's Surname: Sullivan
From NYC Marriage Index
Anna P. Sullivan
in the New York, New York, U.S., Marriage License Indexes, 1907-2018
Name: Anna P. Sullivan
Gender: Female
Marriage License Date: 24 Nov 1951
Marriage License Place: Bronx, New York City, New York, USA
Spouse:
John J Egan
License Number: 10024
T.
Anna Patricia Egan
in the California, U.S., Death Index, 1940-1997
Name: Anna Patricia Egan [Anna Patricia Sullivan]
Social Security #: 060097240
Gender: Female
Birth Date: 17 Mar 1907
Birth Place: New York
Death Date: 10 Feb 1991
Death Place: Mendocino
Mother's Maiden Name: Boland
Father's Surname: Sullivan
From NYC Marriage Index
Anna P. Sullivan
in the New York, New York, U.S., Marriage License Indexes, 1907-2018
Name: Anna P. Sullivan
Gender: Female
Marriage License Date: 24 Nov 1951
Marriage License Place: Bronx, New York City, New York, USA
Spouse:
John J Egan
License Number: 10024
T.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Sister's Married Name
Thanks. I didn't have the information from the marriage index. That helps alot. I hope I also find an obituary.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Sister's Married Name
I meant I didn't have the detailed CA death index, so that was confirming.
This findagrave listing suggests she had a first marriage to Richard Kilgus in 1929 yet I find no such marriage listing. I assumed in NYC where they were born.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/118 ... nancy-egan
Are you able to find one?
There are 1930 and 1940 census regards in the Bronx which appear to be them.
This findagrave listing suggests she had a first marriage to Richard Kilgus in 1929 yet I find no such marriage listing. I assumed in NYC where they were born.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/118 ... nancy-egan
Are you able to find one?
There are 1930 and 1940 census regards in the Bronx which appear to be them.
Re: Sister's Married Name
I only found a marriage between Richard Kilgus and Mary Ann Deranney in 1923 in New York.
1776550 Kilgus Richard G. Feb 4 1923 3338. Manhattan Deranney Mary A
T.
1776550 Kilgus Richard G. Feb 4 1923 3338. Manhattan Deranney Mary A
T.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Sister's Married Name
Thanks for checking.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Sister's Married Name
I found an obituary for Anna Patricia Egan on newspapers.com but I can't access it. The newspaper is the Ukiah Daily Journal in Ukiah, CA, and the publication date is February 13, 1991, page 16.
Do you - or any other forum member reading this - have access and can save a copy?
Do you - or any other forum member reading this - have access and can save a copy?