Find that Italian!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
crysalis
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 05 Apr 2023, 06:16

Find that Italian!

Post by crysalis »

I'm looking for my great great grandmother who came from Naples to Boston on the SS Romanic in June/July 1907. I have found all the passenger lists I can find, but can't find her name other than a small form showing she arrived in Boston. Her name is a bit of a mystery, but here are her most well known names :) I'm hoping someone has access to a manifest that I can't find.

Cesina Della Bella
Cesina Castigliego
Cesara Della Bella
Cesara Castigliego

She would have been around 22 years old and potentially married to Francesco P. Castigliego.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Find that Italian!

Post by PippoM »

Here she is:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1923995

Her correct name seems to be Cesira
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Find that Italian!

Post by PippoM »

Indexed as "Cessra *ella Berlda": never would find her!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply