Hello all, I am hoping that I can get some help with this request. A friend of the family was contacted by a Pedro Mercanti from Buenos Aires Argentina stating that his grandfather and my friend's grandfather are cousins. Before replying to Pedro, my friend wants to confirm that they are indeed related.
I don't have a lot of info to go on. My friend's grandfather is Carlo Fidani who was born in 1895 in Civitanova Marche. He immigrated to Canada in 1913. Libero Mercanti, Pedro's father was also born in Civitanova Marche. I don't have a birthdate but probably between 1895-1900. I am guessing here but Libero probably immigrated to Argentina between 1915-1930. Libero married Francisca Hernandez after he immigrated to Argentina.
So, my friend wants to confirm if he is really related to Pedro Mercanti and if so, how. I know that there is not much to go on here but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Libero Mercanti Buenos Aires Argentina
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Libero Mercanti Buenos Aires Argentina
It could be s scam. I would ask Pedro Mercanti how he's related to Carlo Fidani. If he knows they're cousins he should be able to explain how.
