can someone help me get birth certificate and marriage license for my dual citizenship application?
-
moriahrenne
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 07 Jun 2023, 18:17
can someone help me get birth certificate and marriage license for my dual citizenship application?
I’m looking for my great-grandmother Rose Pandolfo’s birth certificate and marriage license. She was born and married in Sant’ Arsenio. Her husband was Antonio Episcopo. I am having trouble getting these from the commune because I do not speak Italian, anyone able to help?
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: can someone help me get birth certificate and marriage license for my dual citizenship application?
Antonio Episcopo's birth #2 on Jan 4, 1896 in Sant'Arsenio.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=721076
Maria Rosa's Pandolfo's birth #81 on Sep 24, 1895 in Sant'Arsenio.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=721076
Marriage in Sant'Arsenio on Aug 30, 1920. Record not online.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=721076
Maria Rosa's Pandolfo's birth #81 on Sep 24, 1895 in Sant'Arsenio.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=721076
Marriage in Sant'Arsenio on Aug 30, 1920. Record not online.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: can someone help me get birth certificate and marriage license for my dual citizenship application?
Line #4 Antonio Episcopo




Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
moriahrenne
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 07 Jun 2023, 18:17
Re: can someone help me get birth certificate and marriage license for my dual citizenship application?
The year is 1896 according to her citizenship petition, but how do I get official copies?
Re: can someone help me get birth certificate and marriage license for my dual citizenship application?
Generally, to obtain documents from a comune, you need to contact them in writing. Some will respond to a written request; others insist on an email contact. However, to write to a comune through email, you will likely need a PEC address, which is a more secure email.
Since you have the specific name and date information, that will certainly be helpful, but you need to make your request in Italian (Google translate should be adequate).
If you don’t feel comfortable dealing directly with the comune, you can hire an Italian law firm (of which there are many) to handle the request for you. I wanted to obtain the registered birth records for my three grandchildren, and after a year of trying to get a response from Napoli, I finally contacted a lawyer. I believe he charged 100 Euro per record, well worth it from my perspective.
Since you have the specific name and date information, that will certainly be helpful, but you need to make your request in Italian (Google translate should be adequate).
If you don’t feel comfortable dealing directly with the comune, you can hire an Italian law firm (of which there are many) to handle the request for you. I wanted to obtain the registered birth records for my three grandchildren, and after a year of trying to get a response from Napoli, I finally contacted a lawyer. I believe he charged 100 Euro per record, well worth it from my perspective.