Where to find passenger lists to Canada 1956

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
vtammaro1993
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 Nov 2023, 21:43

Where to find passenger lists to Canada 1956

Post by vtammaro1993 »

Hello fellow Italian citizenship seekers :)

I am going through the process of collecting old documents for my nonno, who arrived in Canada around 1956. We need to find the ship name and the date that he would have arrived (Halifax, Pier 21). Anyone have any idea?

I found my nonna's manifest, on the Cristoforo Colombo, which had a stop in New York City. I would suspect that my nonno's may have had a similar stop (not directly from Italy to Halifax). Any idea where I could search for New York arrivals in 1956? Ancestry DNA, MyHeritage, etc. have all been dead-ends.

Gracie mille <3
Post Reply