I'm trying to find civil registration records for the town of Campodimele. From what I've read, today it is part of the province of Latina, but it used to be part of the Province of Caserta in the 19th century.
On Portale Antenati, under the State Archives of Caserta, I can only find the registries for Campodimele until 1865, and under Latina only after 1929. This happens for the other towns in Caserta Province too.
I'm trying to track down and ancestor (my GGF) who would have been born in Campodimele arround 1880. I did find a birth record for his supposed father (my 2GGF) in 1853 in Campodimele, Archives of Caserta (which falls in line with other evidence I have for his year/place of birth), but without any reference to my GGF's birth or my 2GGF marriage (which would be around 1880 to, as my GGF should have been the first born) I can't really be sure that I'm not looking at someone with the same name...
Anybody knows what happened to the registries of Caserta Province between 1865-1929, if this is held at some other Archive? Or if I might find any info on some other type of sources (some index or such)?
Registries on Campodimele-Caserta
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Registries on Campodimele-Caserta
The registers were destroyed in the WW2 bombing of the Tribunal of Cassino. This book gives details of what records still exist and where they can be found.
https://www.lulu.com/shop/ann-tatangelo ... pageSize=4
https://www.lulu.com/shop/ann-tatangelo ... pageSize=4
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Registries on Campodimele-Caserta
Hello,
Can you please provide the full name of your great grand father and great great grand father? My family is from Campodimele and maybe I can provide some information.
Can you please provide the full name of your great grand father and great great grand father? My family is from Campodimele and maybe I can provide some information.
